Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 Mexican Scenery?

Picked up that cool Fokker F100 today from Project Fokker. Downloaded an awesome Mexicana F100 and flew from KLAX to MMPR (Puerto Vallarta).Wasnt sure what to expect on arrival cause I rarely if ever fly in Central or South America. Was a little disappointed to see this main tourist destination without even one cruise ship and very little detail beyond the default generic stuff. Made me go surf the Avsim libs for some good Mexican Scenery and was a little disappointed not to find much(?) Is there another place I should look to find something for Mexico scenery wise? I know Mexico City is probably around, but was thinking of some of the other smaller airports and tourist locs.Any help appreciated.Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have found very little freeware for Mexico. If you like terrain mesh scenery, there's a pretty good set at flightsim.com.I recently purchased add-on scenery for the southern half of Mexico from FlyMex. It definitely has some drawbacks and glitches, but it also has its highlights. They are currently working on another scenery set that will cover the northern half of the country, and they expect it to be released this fall.I'm still checking out this scenery and I'm thinking about writing up a comprehensive review of it, should anyone be interested. The scenery covers 40+ airports and adds nice touches to some of the cities as well. I've only seen 4 of these airports so far, and it sure is better than flying into generic FS cities and airports.Mexico City is well done, and they crammed so much stuff into MMMX that it brings the best systems to its knees unless you lower a few settings. They say they'll release an update later on that will optimize the Mexico City area.The package (called Mexican Airports 1) sells for about $30, but I wouldn't buy directly from FlyMex because they will charge international shipping. I got mine from FS Central, who can ship via cheaper UPS ground.It's worth a look, if you're interested in exploring several different cities and towns of Mexico. It may not be worth it if you want to see only one or two major cities. Here's their URL:http://www.flymex.com.mxIf you have any more questions, fire away. If you want screenshots of specific cities, let me know.jkvato1.jpg