Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brain

737NG overhead panel in virtual cockpit not working

Hello, I've recently bought the boxed version of the 737NG. It's well-made, I especially enjoy the sounds in the cockpit and the fact that you can operate the plane completely from the virtual cockpit perspective, even use the FMC in the virtual cockpit. However I noticed that the overhead panel is kind of dead. The switches are all in the off position and the overhead panel is in the "cold aircraft" state. Nothing ever changes up there, even if I operate the switches on the 2D overhead panel and for example switch on all lights or start the engines. When I select the 737-700 with VC, cabin, winglets and stairs the overhead panel doesn't even have modeled switches, but it becomes a butt-ugly lowres texture which blatantly mismatches with the rest of the VC.I thought it was a mistake on my part so I reinstalled FS2004 (it was due for a reinstall anyways) and only installed the 737, but still have the same problem. I checked the version of the program as instructed in the header of the aircraft.ini for the 737-600 and it says 1.3 so it seems I already have the latest version.Maybe it is my system?I have an Athlon XP 2400+, 512MB RAM, WinXP with SP1a (german), FS2004 (US) and the 737NG package I bought at a local Media Markt here in Germany.I'm grateful for any and all help with this.Kind regards,Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The clickable overhead panel in the VC is only in the 800/900 expansion (with a soon to be released patch also for the 600/700 but only if you own the 8/900) Bye, LucaIf i'm Pondering? A cheesburger?! :)

Ah, I see, thank you very much.I hope the 800/900 expansion will be in store soon :-)

800-900 already is available. We just have to wait for the patch Service Update 1.