Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

FMC Question

Guest glassb

If you check out this site: http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/You type in the departure and arrival airport and it then calculates and gives you waypoint fixes. It will show you the actual names of each fix and the ID name of each fix.....when inputing these waypoint fixes into the FMC RTE page (ROUTE) for the pre-flight process, do you put in the actual name of the fix into the FMC or the ID name of the fix?please let me know.Regards,Brandon Glass

Guest speight

You could labouriously type each waypoint code, but better than that, type in each airway and ending fix as from the plan shown at the bottom of pageeg;EGSS SID LAM UL980 MID UR84 ORTAC UL14 ERIGA UZ218 TESTU UN864 SNR STAR LEBB Read the manuals to find more detail.

Guest glassb

So im still confused, use the name for the fix EXAMPLE: TAYLOR or the ID for the fix -- EXAMPLE: TAY.....when inputing them into the route (RTE) page on the FMC during the pre-flight process ('TO' Column or 'VIA' if an airway?) ('TO' meaning the fix and 'VIA' meaning how to get to the fix in the 'TO' Column on the RIGHT side of the RTE page in the FMC)I think just the name but can someone verify this?Regards,Brandon Glass

"TO" is a direct-to entry and is never an airway (J-125 etc). I do not believe there is a "taylor" but only abv TAY in data bases. So you simply type TAY and click on one of the LSKs on the Right 1-6 depending. If I understand your last question, I believe you have to push the NEXT PAGE button to be able to input a route on the rte page..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Buck Bolduc

>So im still confused, use the name for the fix EXAMPLE:>TAYLOR> or the ID for the fix -- EXAMPLE: TAY>>.....when inputing them into the route (RTE) page on the FMC>during the pre-flight process ('TO' Column or 'VIA' if an>airway?)> ('TO' meaning the fix and 'VIA' meaning how to get to the>fix in the 'TO' Column on the RIGHT side of the RTE page in>the FMC)>>I think just the name but can someone verify this?>>Regards,>>Brandon Glass------------------------Brandon, what I do is put the fix on the right side, the left side says DIRECT. If you want to get to the fix using a jet route, just type (j150) for example on the same key that says DIRECT. If you then go to the legs page you will see waypoints automaticaly inserted along J150. Another words a JET route may include many waypoints between the fixes on the right columes. I have entered (for example) 4 fixes in the right colume and ended up with 10-20-30 waypoints on the legs pages. If you go from X to Z via Jzzz and Jzzz has 15 waypoints along it's path, you will see em all on the legs page(s). they are inserted for you.Regards

Guest glassb

thanks,Brandon Glass

Guest glassb

thanks,Brandon

Guest glassb

thanks Randy,I understand to use the abr. like you say (in other words the ID of the fix not the full name)Rgds,Brandon