Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

Post SP issues / questions

HiAfter installing the updates i have some questions left1. If i change in the VC the Capt. ND display mode to another the FO ND changes too. Is this a known bug and will it be addressed?2. Arming the spoiler in the VC pressing "shift-/" i can see the leveler moving forward and back. Will this be fixed later?3. LE Device indicator is not working in the VC. Will this be patched?4. Landing lights are switched all at the same time Unlike the real aircraft which has the possiblity to switch retractable landinglights separate from fixed.Thanks for some answersCheers

1. If i change in the VC the Capt. ND display mode to another the FO ND changes too. Is this a known bug and will it be addressed? There is a "difference" between a BUG and something that's not MODELLED. Since you might have missed this discussion, Lefteris stated that the ability to switch the order of the DISPLAYS would cause too much FPS loss, to such a great extent to exclude this possibilty at the present time. I know it is done on another aircraft but of course look at those displys ;-).2. Arming the spoiler in the VC pressing "shift-/" i can see the leveler moving forward and back. Will this be fixed later? Maybe you missed the many discussions about the proper operation of the spoilers in the new updates so let me help you out sir. The spoilers are no longer ARMed using the "SHIFT /" routine. They are armed ONLY by moving the actual spoiler's lever on the THROTTLE quadrant. SHIFT / will place the spoilers back into a PREVIOUS set position. Say you are coming down in descent and you had the spoilers in ARM position but needed to use them to slow, simple push / to deploy and then SHIFT / to put back into the ARM position.3. LE Device indicator is not working in the VC. Will this be patched? Not sure if it will be or not.4. Landing lights are switched all at the same time Unlike the real aircraft which has the possiblity to switch retractable landinglights separate from fixed. Yeah I noticed another "sim" ablility to just turn on one side (have never seen them in the real world do this but hey I'm for realism). I doubt it will be *fixed* but you are the only person that I have ever seen care ;-)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Thanks Randy for the answers. :)You must understand that i want perfection in ever detail. I am hard to satifsfy and i am not after just another aircraft. I am looking for the ultimate simulation. I don't care from whom i am getting it. I will always push on all sides to get it.If the aircraft i own, doesn't do what the real one does, i will be asking for it until either or supplier listens to the request. And yes i am willing to pay for, if it is necessary.I am very happy with my PMDG 737, no doubt, but i am not satisfied yet. Ariane, suppliers name, you gently didn't mention, is far from prefection too. Question is, who will give me what i want.PSS din't do either and gave up with their A330/340. Now i expect more form the Aviosgraf A340 that i own. May this product will bring what i want, and they do not say "final patch" or "not modelled" or even "wait for next release"I am not married with any supplier.Now back to the point, will PMDG do something regading "feature enhancements" on the 737NG's or is this the end i can expect, apart from patching of course.I hope that you can understand me a bit more.

I'm with you there Martin, I too am after the most that FS will allow modelling wise. Of course we must also understand a developer's point of view in this equation, if they choose not to model a certain aspect, I believe it's most likely a case of impracticality or lack of serious interest from their customers on a particular item. So I too wish you to see my point and it is this, I know some things will not make it and other things might, this is where I choose to work with PMDG and state if I feel a certain item is worth the coding over another item that the users will certainly be aware of and for all intense purposes care about. Time is a great factor in the development of any flight simulator. As you know no developer cam model 100% of all systems so there has to be priorities. I think that Mr. Brad Marsh who flys the RW 737 sums this 737 simulator great. He believes that what is already there is good enough to train real world procedures upon. I don't know about you but that is a pretty good analysis of the systems depth already modelled here. As Mr. Randazzo said long ago to me "We could spend years developing and fixing" so I hope you see there has to be a point where it stops and time is spent refining what is already there.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |