Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Speedbrake Deployment & Bounce Landing

Tested the speedbrakes, this time without cutting the trottles manually, A/T and SPD all the way down. I also had speed @ REF +5 = 133, no bounce and perfect deployment, I had not even engaged REV yet here in these shots.. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86681.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86682.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86683.jpgBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest schmidtrock

Yay !! Can't wait to get home from work now !!!Regards,

Guest schmidtrock

Two flights last night, spoilers deployed flawlessly and AT Disc worked perfect! Bravo PMDG Bravo !!Blue Skies,

Guest steven van leeuwen

So this means no manual disengage from A/T anymore? Just arme the spoilers and FLY! (Or do I have to say LAND!) :)Is this only in -800/900 series?Regards,Steven

Well this is the 700 here I was flying. I use to manually push F1 before T/D to assure SB deployment, but as you can see this is no longer needed as long as your controller is calibrated correctly ;-). As for the A/T, it has always disconnected on an A/L @ 2 seconds after T/D. Make sure to ARM the SB from the throttle quadrant, not SHIFT / which does not work to ARM..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey,What was your landing weight?DavidP.s. What were the winds at?

I believe I had abt. 4100 lbs in each wing....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest zip

36FPS landing at LAX?Who needs speedbrakes at this framerate :)Thanks for the info, will try immediately.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Randy,Sorry should have clarified, I was looking for the gross landing weight, saying the fuel amount really means nothing if you don't know how much the ZFW was.Also can you try it with some wind and see if that affects it. That skipping I described in the other post happened with about a 9 knot headwind component (landing on 05 winds 080@11)Regards,David

Radny, for sake of the test, PLEASE do the same thing you did with 900. Because in my two tests, 700 acted as yours did, 900 did not.Please please please. Thx.

Guest schmidtrock

Hmmm,My test was with the 800 ZFW 131.7 FI 8800 wingtanks. Headwind approx 10kts. No bounce, a/t disengaged properly, Spoilers armed at Throttle panel, deployed normally. Simply beautiful, have 3 flights now with the SU and it working flawless. I can post screenies this evening after I leave the grindstone.Regards,

Guest steven van leeuwen

Hi guys!There is another thing I found out. If you are flying with real wheather, the winds can be some different on several places. This means that the Vref+5kts is at places where the headwind is more than 5 kts to minor for landing. The plane just can't handle enough with the wind. To get the perfect FAS (Final Approach Speed) just take a look at the wind on your destination with ATIS and count out the headwind that will occure. Your FAS will be Vref+headwind Example winds on destination 330/16, landing rny 27 (heading 270)Vref 130FAS=Vref + headwind= 130 + 8= 138ktsIf this is not correct, correct me please. But I think this could solve difficult landings.Regards,Steven

Guest bobsk8

The airspeed is the speed of the airplane in the air, and has nothing to do with which way or how hard the wind is blowing. You can change the Vref speed to allow for wind gusts, but it should have nothing to do with the direction or velocity of the wind at runway. That will only change your ground speed.

Guest steven van leeuwen

>The airspeed is the speed of the airplane in the air, and has>nothing to do with which way or how hard the wind is blowing.>You can change the Vref speed to allow for wind gusts, but it>should have nothing to do with the direction or velocity of>the wind at runway. That will only change your ground speed.>>>Yes, but that's the point. The ground speed is too low when bouncing I think. If there is much wind, your ground speed is too low.Regards,Steven

Guest rellehenk

When winds are below 10knots, use VREF+5When winds are above 10 knots use 0.5 headwind.When winds are gusting, use 0.5 steady wind + gustExample for runway 27Winds 270 @ 14 gusting 200.5x14 + 6 = 13So use VREF + 13Windcomponent has a maximum of 20 knots!Example winds 270 @ 24 gustin 340.5 x 24 + 10 = 22Now use VREF + 20