Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

Question from the CD Version Manual

Guest glassb

(top of page 38 in Regular manual, not FMC manual)It says to set (before takeoff) speed on MCP to v2 + 10. I understand what they mean by v2 which on the FMC says 135kt but what would "+ 10" mean? Does it mean to put 135kt (v2) into the FMC (initial speed) into the FMC and then just add 10 more knt's to it? I'm confused. Anyone who has the manual from the CD version I'm sure would be able to answer my questions.Rgds,Brandon Glass

Guest glassb

why would i do this though? the fmc said that the v2 speed would be 135knts so why would i add +10?Rgds,Brandon Glass

Guest venquessa

V2 is AFAIK minimum safe flying speed. It's best not to 'hang' around at that speed if you can avoid it. So V2 + 10. You'll find this quite common in flight manuals around TO and landing to dicuss speeds relative to V2 and VREF, like VREF+5 or V2+15 etc.

Well I do not have that manual but can tell you that you never set anything on takeoff other than V2 and V2 only. The F/D will automatically show pitch guidence for V2 + 20 in TOGA so no need to add *extra* speed. I believe that was a mistake ;DBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest glassb

Your a good sport randy; thanks!Cheers!BRANDON GLASS