Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

strange things with the g/s capture

ive been flying the B737 a lot lately and i noticed that when i have the a/p on and the apr button in it captures the ils (loc) just fine and turns on to it and holds it well, but when it starts to capture the g/s, it stays with it fairly well until the g/s indicator drop below the horizon dot then instead of nosing down it pulls up and throws me way off the g/s, i have to allways shut off the a/p and manually fly it in, which i do anyway but why does it do this?? do i not have something else set up correctly?? or not doing something that i should??thanksciao!Brian S

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ohhh, you mean the speed setting on the mcp for the autothrottle??yeah, at this point i usually have a/t turned off and manually setting my throttle, so your saying im coming in to fast?looks like i gotta hit the books morethanksciao!Brian S

Make sure autopilot actually captures the G/S. Where it displays your autopilot settings on the PFD, make sure it says G/SNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2