Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

briansommers

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by briansommers

  1. interesting thread for sure...I stutter so it helps my stuttering knowing I'm just talking to a computer and not real world person...
  2. I'm trying to set-up reverse thrust for the above so that it does NOT act like a button but an axis...can I do that and if so how? I want to be able to just dial in a little bit of reverse for taxi. At idle it taxis way too fast. I don't want to wear out and keep constantly breaking but I'm constantly going in and out of reverse...hence this post. thanks.
  3. I know there are plenty of career addons that will do this in spades. But I'm burning out on them and want to "fly on my own" however I know I'm gong to miss keeping track of the finances. keeping track of income - I find to be much easier but expenses is where the problem lies... Is there anyway of keeping track of finances that would be very easy? I was thinking maybe a percentage of income? or using time... any help would be appreciated.
  4. I’m noticing a lot of planes with any type of glass are very dark and the outside very bright? anyone else? I find steam gauges not so much… any way I can control this? Or will I need the powers to be to patch this?
  5. Can you use this program for fire observation only? In other words can I take say a Cessna 337H and search out where the fires are located then "call it in?"
  6. Finally! That is a good move in thre right direction. Hopefully it removed the minimum altitude of 1500' AGL?
  7. wait a bit the new DO228 by Carenado should fit that bill.
  8. Do you mean this Airbus? http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,13112
  9. I have P3D v3.3.5 I want to get an airliner jet, something common but something that won't brake the bank and kill my frames. I'm leaning towards the QW 757 Any others? Even a good freeware jet wouldn't be to terrible, but I fly all payware small GA stuff, so I'm spoiled with what payware brings. I don't need PMDG, to expensive and it would kill my system I'm afraid. I have an old I7-930 o/c to 3.8GHz. 6GB RAM on mobo, GTX960 4GB any recommendations would be helpful.
  10. I'm thinking of buying this. Hasn't anyone done a GTN750 mod yet for this aircraft?
  11. nope. no trim wheel.
  12. I have in it p3d v3.3.5 and I've had one OOM with it and just had it freeze/lockup my computer anyone else have problems with this? I'm about ready to delete it.
  13. FINALLY! I hate this automatic-shove-it-down-your-throat approach! Now, if could get several million users to each get 10k back, maybe MS would WAKE UP!
  14. for a passenger charter operation, small or large what is the ratio of having customers come in to the "home/base" airport vs's having to go out and pick them up then take them to their destination? I'm assuming that would vary to where your "base" airport is at? let's say, KBOI, or KBZN, etc. Thanks
  15. is the MU-2 total ownership experience... what ever happened to this? Is this out now?
  16. Why can't this be used? this is the newest one out there. http://www.rexsimulations.com/radar.html
  17. I'm NOT talking about NetJets or something like that, I'm talking something more like; 1 owner/pilot 2 plane, maybe a single engine piston or twin 3. no fbo, just working from cell phone and internet, self marketing, etc aside from having to get your ATP and all of that.. how much would it cost? I mean the plane, yes, but do you have to pay extra fees, to get your plane to FAR 135 requirements? and I know, you would have your insurance and other monthly expenses, I'm not talking about that. I would like an amount to start. Should a person have 100K or more like 1-5 million? The millions seems a bit to high for a one man show that I'm talking about.. oh, for realworld refference look at this: http://www.roseair.com/ and no I have no connections whatsoever.
  18. nothing as of yet. I have to save more money.
  19. I'm concerned. It's been 4 days since OP post and they haven't been back since to comment. I hope we hear something soon.
  20. I found this: http://www.corporatejetsolutions.com/PDF/Encore%20Manuals/Citation%20Encore%20Operating%20Manual.pdf but it shows it for the 560 model not the 550, but I'm thinking it should be close. oh, go near to the end. also interesting reading is this thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/460071-reference-speeds/page-1
  21. I have and have made changes with the PTA. I love the blue haze in the distance, very nice. I'm afraid we are stuck with this line.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.