Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

PFD problem in all 737 NGs (all of a sudden)

Hello,I'm having a new problem with the 737NG series that I hope someone can shed some light on. I started (trying) to fly these again this week after not loading them for a month or so, and now my flight displays won't, well, display. They're just black, no matter how I start up the aircraft. I've tried full cold-n-dark startups following the published procedures, and I've used ctl-e to autostart, both with the same result. I can't find any way to activate those displays. Are they supposed to become active when the battery power is switched on? I've got a key combo mapped to avionics master on/off, but this doesn't have any effect on them at all. Just curious if anyone else has ever had a problem like this. I even tried reinstalling both the base 600/700 models, followed by the 1.3 patch, then the 800/900 installer, and finally the latest service pack and model updates. Still no dice. Needless to say, it's the definition of a seat-of-the-pants experience to fly without them!BTW, I have no problem seeing the PFDs in the default jets, or any other aircraft that have vector gauges. Quite a puzzler.thanks,

Hello Bill, When you did the uninstall-reinstall did you by chance use the PMDG remover tool? If not I would advise using that to do a complete uninstall then reinstall once again in the proper order. The newest you can get herehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/inc_downloading.asp?iFile=209 I would also remove any saved PMDG senarios from saved flights just in case. Other than this I cannot think of why they would be blank. Hopefully another try at installing (if you did not use the remover tool) will sort it out. If that does not work email support@precisionmanuals.com and explain your situation.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Thanks for the link Randy, that did the trick. I started over with the installs from scratch and my gauges are fully back now. Whew!

Glad it worked for you Bill. I was hoping that was it ;-)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |