Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarcoAviator

After the 747 ...

Guest MarcoAviator

What comes after the Queen of the Skies?How about a 767 :)Dunno if you guys take suggestions (you probably don't but I thought I'd give it a shot).I can't find any decent 767s out there ... If not a 767 then how about a 777?

Guest MarcoAviator

>Marco,>>No offence here mate, but I assume you havent looked at the>767 Pilot In Command package ?>>http://www.wilcopub.com/prod_767PIC.html>>I would seriously take a look at the above link before saying>anymore.>>Regards,>Lee Holland>>BAW446>Senior Captain>Boeing 757/767 Fleet>British Airways Virtual>http://www.bavirtual.co.uk>>I did take a look at it, and I am not attracted to it, to be honest with you.unless I am mistaken, it was made for FS2k ... no 3D cockpit and the model is low in detai, obviously done this way not because the developers were lazy but rather to let the model run smoothly in the lesser machines of the time. Of course I am not saying that it's a bad model. It's just my personal opinion that it doesn't match my "requirements" for a payware model. If I have to pay for a model, then I am willing to do it for the PMDG models because of their thorough attention to detail and yes ... eye candy has something to do with it.If the developers of the 767 PIC decide to update the model and improve it to take advantage of the latest technologies ... I am all for getting it. :)

Marco,Ignore the aircraft model. It is as you say very low in detail and it is terrible on frame rates. But dont compare the aircraft model to the panel. Thats what this package is all about.The current version of PIC was indeed originally created for FS2000 and it was patched to work in FS2002. Wilco publishing really didnt do the package justice with their aircraft model and I can see how it can put people off.However, there is a merge available to combine the PIC panel with the POSKY 767 aircraft model which makes things 100 percent better externally. Now that this version has been out for probably 4 years plus, there are some other amazing addons and enhancements for it that will definately give you the best 767 simulation possible at the moment.Also, keep your eyes peeled for version 2 of PIC which should be out sooner rather than later which is designed for use in FS2004 and should include all of the things that we come to expect from modern FS addons.Regards,Lee HollandBAW446Senior CaptainBoeing 757/767 FleetBritish Airways Virtualhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Marco-we don't respond to such queries normally, as they tend to spark lots of controversy.For now, let's just say that "it hasn't been decided yet".Regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest CharlieDeltaJuliet

How about an MD-11?

after the 747? I have an easy answer.... the 737 BBJ and military versions :DLuca

Guest MarcoAviator

>Marco->>we don't respond to such queries normally, as they tend to>spark lots of controversy.>>For now, let's just say that "it hasn't been decided yet".>>Regards,I thought you would say that.It's perfectly fine. You don't have to answer... I wouldn't have expected you to. Just wanted to get the opinion of the other fellow fans about it...Since so far the 2 jets you guys modelled are the 737 and the 747 ... I was itching to start some speculation as if the next big thing was going to be something in between ... or .... different.

Guest rcritz

Me, I'd vote for a CRJ. A good one. With Lefteris-quality gauges. ;-)

You people just don't understand wat lefteris is trying to say!!?? ;)Beleve me, they won't tell you anything....And about that CRJ project, Wilcopub. has a great CRJ and there is comming some other payware CRJs aswell.

Guest MarcoAviator

>You people just don't understand wat lefteris is trying to>say!!?? ;)>Beleve me, they won't tell you anything....I understand, yes.In fact I am not asking a question and I don't expect an answer. I am just giving a suggestion. 767, 777 and everything everybody else is throwing in. You guys in all probablity will ignore it, and that's fine also. So far your choice of planes is excellent, so nothing to complain about. Just throwing in my 2c, in the hopes that we may suggest something COOL you guys haven't thought about. ;) You never know.

Guest Valid_Andy

I think we should have a Poll next time. The thing is, PMDG also has to get information on these aircraft. By the looks of things, Boeing are prepared to help. Airbus, on the other hand, apparently are not!Ahwell, with a Poll PMDG will be able to see what the customers want, therefore making something which more people will buy, therefore getting payed more $$$;)Just a theory:)

Guest Buck Bolduc

I would like to see a 777.After that a 7E7 would be a first, trust me these guy's can do it!Regards