Sign in to follow this  

Who would pre-order the MAAM-SIM Gmax R4D and B-25?

...I'd like to see the R4D in the air again....the sim model would simply be a nice bonus....an interactive souvenir. Let's do it.

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Bill and forum!Of course you can count me in, I'll be happy to pay in advance. Considering my failing memory I will soon forget having paid, and will at the "moment supreme" be enormously and happily surprised when a CD drops into my mailbox! And then, eventually, a second CD! I will feel like Providence is raining CD's on me, as the long overdue reward for a life spent in poverty, obedience and chastity (now y'all know I'm married - grin)!But Bill, you should take meticulous care that every contributor knows, and knows WELL, that the money is NOT, under no circumstances, refundable. I'm not overmuch worried about Europeans, inhabitants of African rain forests, Borneo'ese head hunters, aliens and Patagonians... but Americans might, led by a hungry flock of predatory lawyers, sue the MAAM for every nut and bolt in each of its planes if the goodies for whatever reason fail to show up. So I guess you should make very clear that the money sent is a donation, which eventually might or might NOT result in one or more CD's being mailed to the generous donator, this to the sole discretion of MAAM. Well then, go ahead! Once you've got the system set up, I will whip out the plastic.Be, stay, live and plastic well!Jaap Verduijn.

This is an excellent idea, as a previous owner of the R4D CD I would be more that happy to preorder both the R4D and the B-25. (and a P-61 Hint Hint ;-) )Simon.

Bill,That sounds like a good idea - and thanks to Mike for thinking of it in the first place :-). I'd be willing to donate to get the real planes flying and the virtual ones flying on my PC as well :-).Regards,Dave.

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) Life is tough for everybody (...)"Naaaah... it isn't. Most of us here in this forum, most of us here in the Western world, don't have the faintest idea what a tough life is like.

Hey Guys,Count me in,I will gladly pay in advance for the quality that MAAM produces.Please publish the details.

Guest Heather 636

I'm all for it! Where do I send the money Mr. Rambow? I was saving for FSMeteo, but this takes priority. In as much that 95% of my flying is with your airplanes, I REALLY want that new release.In the meantime, would this money get me my release code so that the panel in the last updates doesn't cut out on me after five minutes? That's why I'm still flying the old stuff. (Old stuff? Dc-3's? Now that's a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it.)Can't say enough how great you do, the things you do!Cheers!HeatherP.S.; you had it right, there are more than one of "us gals" lurking about the shadows around here.The propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Guest mikehaska

I would too, on one condition: Don't use PayPal.The system has been called into question recently when it was uncovered that it is illegally pooling funds into different banks. Problem is that your bank account and all your money can be frozen since this "PayPal Bank" doesn't have standard FDIC insurance.All-in-all it is a bad system to be a part of. If you are signed up with them, my advice would be to terminate that account ASAP. (see more at http://www.paypalwarning.com/ )Otherwise, pre-donation sounds fine!

Have you personally suffered at the hands of Paypal, or are you solely relying on that web site for your conclusion? We use Paypal and have not had a problem with it. And with its announced acquisition by EBay, it will probably only get better.

Guest Iain Spowart

Bill,You can count me in too. The R4D for FS2000 was probably the first aircraft for FS that made my jaw drop (it still hurts :-lol).The GMAX version looks even better and I'll certainly pre-order a copy if you let us all know where to pay :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.com/media/avsim/2002-s.jpghttp://ClaymoresCheerleaders.com

Hope some other way to pay will be available. I have had problems with PayPal and will not donate through them.

Guest mikehaska

Tom: I have experienced a few problems with them- namely never reaching a human being, and a suspicious charge that came from them, but that they denied. Sure was an odd coincidence that someone with the name PayPal scammed me.Overall, yes, I have had bad experiences, and I would urge you to read up on these (and other websites). The company is nothing Avsim should be part of. If you are letting people use that service, you are endangering their bank accounts...