Sign in to follow this  
Guest aadoyle

Full screen instruments?

Guest aadoyle

Hi,Is it possible to run the FD, ND, FMC, etc Full screen to simulate a Project Magenta type setup? I tried undocking instruments, however they have a border around them, is there some way of getting rid of that?Also, how does the autopilot systems of PMDG compare with the Project Magenta system in terms of features and realism?ThanksAlan

Hi Alan-the PFD/ND/EICAS screens can all be undocked - there's no black border around them.There used to be one around the CDUs in the 600/700, but that's changed with the release of the 800/900. It seems you have the older product, right?As for the autopilot comparison- well, it wouldn't be fair for me to say anything now, would it? I'll let our customers/audience speak their minds.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi all,I would like to jump into this thread, i can increase the size of PFD ND and EICAS but cannot undock them with a right mouse click. I would like to place them in bigger size on a second monitor.Hope one can help.CheersHolger

Holger-I am assuming that you're talking about full-screen FS2004? This is a limitation in FS, not in our product. Some users have reported success with undocking in window-mode and then going back to full-screen, but I've never tried.Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest mc.kar

I might have a lead on that...I also employ a multimonitor setup and have also discovered the same problems. But by sheer luck I found another...more easy way which I hope may work for others.Before starting up FS9 make sure that you have set Windows up for multimonitor enviroment. More precisely it has to be set up in such a way that the desktop extends into the seconday monitor so that the mousecursor wil "flow" directly over to the secondary monitor.(in winnxp > left click on the desktop > properties > advanced tab > click on seconday monitor and check "extend destop" checkbox - I have a danish XP so some there might be some discpancies)Start up FS9 and enter the airplane in full screen mode.Activate a panel you want to move over to the secondary monitor. Assuming that you have your sec. monitor left of your primary - place the cursor very close to the right edge on the panel in question. Now drag the panel all the way to the left so that most of the panel is out of view. Close the panel and then re open the panel.What happens on my setup is that the screen on the sec. monitor changes to black and then the panel is displayed on the left extreme on the secondary monitor.Now you can move the cursor freely between the two screens and the panel is displayed to the left on the sec. monitor in the same relative position as you placed in on the pri. monitor. Fine tuning from there is straight forward. Other panels can be transferred the same way.It is as if FS9 has to be "forced" in such a way before it "realizes" that it has more display area. To me this procedure is much better since my graphics card usually will corrupt the FS9 display when changing from windowed mode to full screen mode. (I have also read about a workaround for that if anyone is interested?)Let me hear if it helps!Have funMichael Christiansen, Karup, DenmarkMy system (by the way)WINXP(SP2), PIV (3,2 GHz), 1Gb RAM, ASUS P4C800, ASUS ATI 9800PRO (256Mb), 19" CRTmonitor (PRI) (1280x960), 15" LCD monitor (1024x768), Adaptec 2100S SCSI RAIDcontr., 2X19 Gb MAXTOR (SCSIRAID), 2x40 Gb IBM (SATA RAID)

This does indeed work (although the frame rate collapses for me but I think it is a driver issue). Would it be possible (for the 747)to do what was done on A320PIC - that is the gauges pop up in windowed mode automatically when you click them even if the main panel is in full screen mode? You can just drag them across to the second monitor and they remain there (or wherever you put them) next time you start FS2004 with that aircraft.The gauges look impressive and performance is also good.regardsHoward

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest aadoyle

I tried enlarging some instruments, but it seems like you can't have large instruments without the frames from lowering drastically. Is there a way to spread the guages on to different PC's like project magenta, and network them?Also, it seems you can't have full screen dials without running FS in windowed mode (not full screen) is that right?Alan