Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

They Look Nice But ?

Several military and other aircraft have appeared as freeware for FS2002. They look nice but ---How do I determine if these simulations fly like the real airplane?I, as many here, have never flown an airplane for an extensive period of time. While I appreciate the appearance of the airplanes I also want to do more than admire it. Has anyone, who has flown these airplanes, taken a look at their simulated performance? To a degree I can judge the faithfulness and artistry of their visual aspects but I certainly can't determine if they even come close to the flight characteristics of the real thing - given FS2002 limitations.I know that in our new pure world that criticizing the free efforts of talented contributors is not politically correct. But, perhaps in the file's descriptions some testament by a person familiar with the flight function of the aircraft could be cited to give us assurance that it is reasonably accurate.DickDick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A computer monitor and joystick can not possibly duplicate all of the sensations of flying a real plane so I would say the question is academic! :-)With that in mind-there are some very good recreations of the cockpits, instruments, outside views, interior views, sounds, and even some of the "feel" -which is subjective, and performance numbers of real planes-enough that you can get a good illusion of some of the aspects of real flight.I have always felt-the simulation becomes more real when you have flown for real-as your mind then can fill in the gaps......http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif