Sign in to follow this  

Roads

OK.... this is beyond me... atleast I got the roads to disapear and reapear again :-) ... but it probably means that there are only 3 road types usable in the default fs scenery as Gerrish rightly says...'tis a great shame..... I'm off to sulk for a bit.... :-(:-)Pete

Hi, I can confirme you ALL road and rivers texture are used,there is 5 type of road total of 16 bmp, I have already works in this a long time ago,after the release of fs2k2.I have all the stuff texture etc., just working on clouds now,road type depend on area in fs2k2.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Excellent... thanks chris, I look forward to seeing what you come up with... also the high level clouds :-) ..... ok. I am answered and I will wait patiently for better days!cheerio:-)Pete

Hi all.Roadlines in FS2002 are named 'rdl??????.bgl'With a hex editor, go to the end of the file. You'll see an ascii number, such as '1159' followed by 3 bytes. These numbers are the type and attributes of the road textures as described in 'terraintextures.cfg' You can alter the types and attributes with the hex editor ( please backup the original ). Christian Stock and I have been playing a bit with CFS2-style lines, as these seem easier to code. They show up in FS2002. If either of us come up with something, you'll all get the info here at AVSIM.

Sorry Mr.fly.... I completely missed your message!.... You have my full attention, gimmee gimmee gimmee!!... I'm sure there are many people who will be interested in your texes... Get 'em up here so we can play!:-)Pete

Guest GerrishGray

Thanks for that additional info, Richard.For those following this thread who don't already know, FS2000-style roads, rivers and railways also work fine in FS2002, even though MS have chosen to replace them in the default scenery with the new 'decal' version. It is actually quite easy to extract the roads etc. from the FS2000 scenery (e.g. using ASD 2.1 - which also makes it very easy to edit them as required), recompile them as new BGL's, and use them to replace the FS2002 decal versions - which are easily eliminated by removing the corresponding files (rdl######.bgl etc.) from the scenedb folders. This also allows the railways, which are missing from FS2002, to be restored. Personally, I prefer the appearance of the FS2000 roads etc. over the FS2002 decals anyway.A lot of designers have been having trouble in FS2002 with FS2000-style roads etc. going 'through' hills instead of over them, but the cure should be keeping the segment length short enough, surely?How about it guys, let's have some replacement 'transportation' scenery for FS2002 - the default stuff is pretty poor for low-level VFR flying.Gerrish

Pete,don't be disappointed, they will blur just like the default textures.I've made a different set with yellow/white markings, but it makes no sense. The textures are 256x256, 8 bit, alpha channel (!), mip mapped. Feel free to play with them.ckflyOf course this is not a jpg file!!! Save it and rename to roads.zip!How do I upload a zip???

hey..... I don't think the attachment works. I think they removed the zip file option, I remember sending one sometime in March I think.Please send it to my email, I'd love to see what happens.:-)Pete

Anniette, Pete, Paul and everyone else, the road textures are used by FS2k2, but only on specifically modelled bridges (don't ask my why they only use one type for everything else). You can see that by following - for example - the Mississippi river and looking at some of the bridges (the ones that are not generic bridges, but realistically modelled).Hope that helps.__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc