Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Force feedback headache? My suggestion...

I know that various folks who fly the NG have had a problem flying this baby with their Force Feedback (FFB) sticks. I have used the MSFS FFB2 stick for about 2 years now and love it. It works perfectly for me with the NG. Some time ago, I unchecked the box "Control Surface Forces" because this box was causing unrealistic kick-back at phases in flights that was dangerous and inappropriate. I also unchecked "Crash Effects." I still get stick shaker, ground bumps, and gear bumps, but no longer do I fly an approach only to find that the stick is kicking me sideways or upwards suddenly and randomly as it used to do.Generally, it's smooth sailing with the FBB stick and everything works great inside the NG, in the VC, and outside the NG in SPOT view or Tower view (I have the a fly-by add-on). I don't get disconnects or weird nose dives with the NG using the stick. I did get nose dives initially with the NG even with the boxes unchecked but I later discovered that this was because the joystick had been placed and left (by me) in a significant pitch up or pitch down position earlier in the flight.In a typical NG flight, I can take off, pull the stick back for climbout, turn on the AP at 1000' AGL or above (with the stick still pulled back some way), engage LNAV and VNAV, push the stick forward gently to center it after doing that, and have no disconnects or weird FFB behavior during the flight.If I DO push the stick during flight, the NG goes into CWS mode as it's supposed to do. But I have to push the stick some way before this occurs. It's not hyper sensitive to touch. Nor is the hat switch. I can use the hat switch and rotate views outside the NG without disconnecting the AP.Perhaps I am just lucky. (Now that I've posted this, I'll probably have some weird FFB issues in the future....!)Hope this assists somebody.Jonathan