Sign in to follow this  
Guest Juzzflyer

PMDG737NG and GoFlight GF166

Guest Juzzflyer

Here we go again!Anyone using the PMDG 737NG and and GoFlight gear and experiencing problems with radio lock ups etc?About 1.5 hrs into a given flight, all my com/nav radios lock up. Unfortunately they cant be over ridden in the radio stack panel in the NG, so as you can imagine IMC approaches can be rather interesting, to say the least.Im having troubles with the GF web site and their forums....appears links are broken to support documentation.Is anyone else experiencing problems like this? And if so, is there any known fixes?It seems there is quite a few conflicts with PMDG737 and GoFlight...both known and unknown. I have heard through the VATPAC/VATSIM site that some other paople are having trouble with GF gear and USB hubs.Any help or comments appreciated.

Guest stockerharris

Justin,Since it appears that it is the avionics master switch which causes the radio setting lockup, which as you say cannot be set from within PMDG 737NG aircraft, how about assigning a key to it in fs9 /options /controls /assignments. If something is turning it off, it might be possible to turn it on again.David.

Guest Juzzflyer

Thanks David,I have tried a similar solution with a hydraulics problem i was having which was (i think) directly related to the freeze of the GF166 and radios and the complete shut down of the PFD. Unfortunately nothing worked...i followed all the abnormals check lists etc even tried other ways of getting the systems back up and running.I will certainly give your idea a shot as it is certainly simple enough to try.Thanks again David,

Guest Juzzflyer

Found the problem (im hoping!)...the USB settings have an option where they can automatically turn off to save power.Managed to sucessfully complete a 2 hour flight with no toubles. This flight was done offline...im looking forward to doing a flight online to make sure!Thanks again David for your help.

Justin,I don't have that much to add execept that I have no problems using the GF-166 together with PMDG and I've done 7-8 hours flights (offline). I have the avionics master switched assigned to a switch on the GF-T8-module.Doyle's site was hacked a few days ago and the problems is probably due to that.