Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

Autobrakes

Guest gremel

I've done a search on autobrakes and came up with 'Mat's' wonderful mathematical formulation of data addressing this issue but I still cannot get my 'autobrakes' to performed when armed to max on approach. The spoiler activates along with thrustreversers but I can still go off the end of an 11,000 ft runway with the latest versions of the 800/900. The aircraft in question is lightly loaded and is the 737-700 with the 800/900 download.I'm I doing something wrong...

Guest gremel

Sorry, I didn't sign my name as Jack which is who I am. I found out that with 20 percent fuel in just the right & left tanks, I auto-landed on a 11,000ft runway and with the autobrakes set on 'Max', I autolanded the 737-700 with the latest versions and ran off the end of the runway at a GS of 33kts.....I did notice that the autobrake light lite-up when the mains hit the runway threshold during the autoland. I never had this happen before the downloaded version of the 800/900 version that I just installed a week ago....Any ideas on what I'm doing or not doing correctly??Thanks & regards,jack

Guest Erups

Any slight move of the throttles or light touch on the brakes, would disconnect the autobrakes.Are you sure you let the plane go complitely untouched?

If your thrust levers are not in the fully idle position, the autobrakes will disarm (also if you accidentally touch the pedal brakes). If you also leave your autobrakes in RTO, this will happen.Have you tried recalibrating your joystick throttle (if you have one)? Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian.

Guest gremel

Thanks guys for your replies. I'll re-calibrate the idle throttle position & CH yoke etc. and see what happens. I never had this problem with the autobrakes on the original download of the 6/700 until I downloaded to the 8/900 last week. I make it a point to get very well established on all approaches and go through the checkoff list and reduce the throttle to idle at ~30 feet before touchdown etc. when doing a manual app. Having no luck on the manual approach with the autobrakes, I tried a complete "CMD" autoland with the autoland set to max., extremely light, and still went off the runway with spoilers up and full thrust-reversers on an 11,000 ft rwy...Oh well, I'll keep trying because I know that I must be doing something wrong or don't have something calibrated correctly. I'll try your ideas & comments. Thanks again for your always helpful replies.jackkgsp

Guest gremel

Tried all of your suggestions and I'm still going off the end of an 11,000ft rwy lightly loaded with full spoilers and thrust reversers deployed and NO autobrakes. I haven't touched the yoke or the rudder pedals and armed the autobrakes at 'Max' and still can't get them to work. I also re-calibrated the CH Yoke & Rudder pedals with a lot of throttle down null zone so I'm sure they are completely in the down and back stage. I even hit the F1 key to make sure on a couple landings to no avail...Can't understand why it worked before the 800/900 install and not now. Everything else works perfectly...Regards,jack

Guest gremel

Tried several more attempts and I'm still running off the end of the rwy. Anybody have any ideas on where I might find the coding in the config file in order to determine if mine is in their correctly...I believe I am doing everything per the book and still can't get them to work. The disarm light never appears after touchdown and I keep my hands off the yoke and the pedals with the throttle completely closed & F1 is also hit to ensure it is off...Regards & any ideas on this?jack

Guest tmetzinger

>Tried several more attempts and I'm still running off the end>of the rwy. Anybody have any ideas on where I might find the>coding in the config file in order to determine if mine is in>their correctly...I believe I am doing everything per the book>and still can't get them to work. The disarm light never>appears after touchdown and I keep my hands off the yoke and>the pedals with the throttle completely closed & F1 is also>hit to ensure it is off...>>Regards & any ideas on this?>>jackyou're gonna hate me... but try disconnecting your yoke and pedals on short final for an autoland.

Guest gremel

Tim,Very dumb question, but here goes anyways: " When I'm all set up for an autoland with the app engaged etc., do I go behind my computer and take out my analog connection in the back of my computer and see if it works? Assuming that I do this part, do I then reconnect my analog yoke & pedals and restart the computer or do I shutdown the computer before reconnecting the analog connector in the back of it and then restart it....I'm not that computer savvy to know what I should be doing or not doing and don't want to mess anything up as I am very prone to do sometimes...Thanks for your reply.jackkgsp

Jack - I guess you could do that. But you could also use the FS key assignment to disengage your external controls. I think its CTRL+K or something like that. It was a good suggetstion from Tim though to rule out interference from your controls.Hope it helps,

Guest gremel

Thanks Mats,I'll give it a go..Regards,jack

Guest gremel

Tried an CMD full autoland and after loc & gs lock and stablized, I hit the Control L key to disengaged the CH yoke & Rudder and I still ran off the end of the rwy. The autobrake light works when you disengage it so something is getting done but the actual braking does not occur and the autobrake selector is still engaged on the 'max setting'....I'm completely at a loss as to why this is occuring!!! I haven't added any new software other than the 8/900 about two weeks ago...Regards & any ideas would be greatly appreciated..as always.jackkgsp

Guest gremel

All I want for Christmas is my 'Autobrakes'....Regards,jackkgsp

I too am suffering from a refusal of the autobrakes to function. They used to work very well in both the rejected takeoff and landing modes, in fact I used to practice rejected TO`s regularly, then for no apparent reason the situation became as it is now. I fly the PMDG737-800 series exclusively. Default 737 autobrakes function properly.Puzzled of Cheltenham,Brian.

Guest gremel

I've now shifted my attention to this problem to the FSUIPC versions that I have and will try the new 3.44 and see if this cures the problem. I currently have the version that came with the downloaded version of the 8/900 that I purchased and installed two weeks ago.We'll see what happens..Regards,jack