Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Autobrake and Spoiler Question

I've been normally using manually braking since SWA doesn't allow autobrake, except perhaps RTO. However, when flying a different carrier and wanting to use the autobrake, how do I know it's working? It seems like it really isn't slowing down very fast despite full REV and spoiler deployment. What I usually do is set it at number 2, and upon landing the AUTOBRAKE DISARM light comes on. Shouldn't the light stay off during autobraking?Now the spoiler. I've decided I like to deploy the spoiler myself, and this works fine. What I'm not clear on is what makes it go back down. Tonight, I landed and exited the runway before I realized I didn't lower the spoiler, however, it was already down!?! I know it deployed because I often take an outside peek. So does it automatically go back down at some point like a slower speed or what? Thanks

Chris,as for autobrake, yes as soon as that light comes on the autobrake is indeed not working. Do you have some rudder pedals installed? If so they might be interfering with autobrake because as soon as you hit the brakes manually autobrake kicks out.I think there was a big thread about this very topic some days ago, you might want to try and search for it.The spoilers retract again after advancing the thrust levers. Can't remember the exact N1 figure, but the purpose of this is to retract them in case of a go around after touch-down.Regards,Markus