Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bry

Wiper help

Guest Bry

It is with great hesitation that I post this, but after several searches I just can't think of anything else to do.I have the PMDG 737-600/700 1.3 and also the 800/900 1.1 and the 600/700 model update all installed.Everything works as it should, all the VC switches in all the aircraft work except for the wipers.I'll avoid the obvious things. I can use any version of any model and I do not see moving wipers in any view. That includes the 800/900 and yes, it includes the VC view and Spot view. Nothing is happening at all when the switches are on. I just assumed they didn't work, but checking the forum here its pretty clear they are supposed to in the VC view and spot view, so I'm baffled why they are not.I even took the step today of doing a complete uninstall using the provided removal utility (and then deleting any remaining files manually) Then installing the full 737NG 1.3 exe, restart, install 737-800/900, restart, update 737-800/900 to 1.1 and finally the 600/700 model update.And the wipers are still not working on any version of any model.So, does anyone have any advice or a good description of the precise precedure/requirements to get the wipers working correctly?It'd be most appreciated, thanks.Just to make it clear again, the wipers are not moving on any model, including the 800/900. Even in the VC and Spot view they do not react to the switches.

Guest BlackDog

It is my understanding that the wipers are not modeled on this aircraft.

They are modeled and they DO work in the outside views if you have the 800/900 update and the model update. (just checked on PMDG 600) Luca

Guest Bry

That's why I'm posting with the trouble, because they aren't working and I know they should be. I'm trying to find out why. I had hoped the complete removal and then reinstall of the 600/700, then 800/900, 1.1 patch for the 800/900 and then the 600/700 model update would sort it out, but it hasn't.I really wouldn't be posting if I could think of any other alternative. I can even make a video if you want of my turning the wipers on in the VC of any of the aircraft and nothing happening, either in the VC or Spot view.There has to be some kind of reason why it wouldn't work.

Mr/Ms Nameless1. Please take a minute to read the forum guidelines pinned at the top.2. Is the aircraft configured for the wipers to work?Hope it helps,

Guest Bry

Oh, my apologies about the name and that it slipped my by. Though it does help if required readings are at the top of the sticky list and not the bottom. Oh well.My name is Bryan Mulheran, hence Bry.Well, please tell me how to ensure the aircraft is configured for the wipers to work? An option in a drop down menu? A very set switch precedure? The aircraft is ready for flight with all power on etc, and turning on the wiper switches produces no effect. I've looked in the manual and the only mention of the wipers is as simple as describing the switch positions and what they do.-Bryan Mulheran