Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

startup

Guest ha5mvo

Hi,I have a bit of a problem. For some reason I can't start my APU (or engines).The plane behaves although its batteries are dead..although FSUIPC is on limitless battery.I get the amber TR light constantly illuminated and whenever I try to start up APU I get the APU FAULT light on, in addition the ammeter indicates 0 for BAT.I have the current FSUIPC....I did try to recycle the GEN switches....I'm out of ideas....Anyone with any suggestions?Thanx!!//Michael

Michael,Sounds like dead battery to me. Some things to have in mind here; -If you check the FSUIPC limitless battery after your battery voltage is down it won't beef it up again. It stays on your current voltage. -If you are starting with a saved flight or situation file you will stransfer your last battery voltage to the new flight.Best bet if you think your battery voltage is too low is to start with a fresh Cessna flight and then change to the NG. You should have 24 Volts reading on the electrical display when the battery is selected.If this is not the case... I'm out of ideas. Reinstall perhaps?Hope it helps,

Guest ha5mvo

Hi Mats!I did already try that...uninstalled/reinstalled both 737 and FS...I went a step further:loaded the cessna (that's the default) with everything off. Started it up (bat, master and avionics) and than switched to the 737. To no avail....as before....the engines are running but the battary is dead.cycling the generator swich changed nothing....I was thinking, is there something in the situation or configuration file, a parameter, that can "force" the battery to provide power?and why does it happen only with the 737....Thanx!//Michael

Michael,Sound like a reinstall may be in order. Make sure you run the removal tool available from the downloads area first and then reinstall the 1.3 version and see if the problem is corrected.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest ha5mvo

Hi Mats & Paul,First, thank you for your efforts!Here is an update:I have uninstalled as you both suggested, than installed the 600/700 pack.I was able to start the engines (I was not able to get the CRTs working but decided to tackle one problem at a time).However, when I installed the 800/900 package, I got my old problem back - TR failure and no signs of life from the battery...any clues?Thanx again,//Michael

Guest ha5mvo

Hi,I was able to overcome the problem by REMOVING the FSUIPC dll module, and allowing the installer to install the one provided in the package....everything is working 100% now!it is interesting though why this problem came about//Michael