Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliff

Why can't I change my livery?

Guest cliff

I select PMDG from the top bar. Then 737NGThen StylesThen Airline SelectionThen Pick an Airline Then "South African Airways" from the long list of Airlines offerred.Then OKAYYet there is no change from the default livery.Am I doing something incorrectly?Cliff

CliffYes...unfortunately..you are...go to the Aircraft | Select Aircraft option - choose your Boeing-PMDG option and then select the variant and the carrier from the other drop down lists - what you are trying to select there is the style of cockpit.HTH

Guest cliff

Thanks for replying so promptly Mark but I'm still not there.In aircraft selection we are able select the type of 737 we want to fly.Then we can select whether it's the 2D panel or whether it incudes the 3D Flight Deck and so on.Once that's selected the only other drop down choices remaining (that I can see) are items like stairs and winglets. But no Airline livery choiceThat menu seems to only be in the PMDG Styles section.What have I missed please?Cliff

Guest normanvdm

Did you downloaded a livery from the PMDG site?Cheerio,Norm

Guest cliff

I had been to the Download page and selected ..............."Downloads 737-600 Liveries". I then looked through all the liveries on pages 5, 6 and 7 (where liveries commencing with "S" are) and found no South African Airways.Hence I have NOT downloaded this livery. Unless it was included in the original package?

Guest thscholz

>Hence I have NOT downloaded this livery. Unless it was>included in the original package?>>Cliff,the original package does not include any liveries (well, I don't know about the boxed version).The liveries have to be downloaded and installed.As far as I've searched, there is no South African livery for the 737-600. But there is one on PMDG's site for the 737-800.SaludosThomas

Guest cliff

Gracias Thomas. But where on the site is it to be found?Cliff

Guest cliff

Strange. I downloaded that file but I have no idea where it went it as I wasn't asked into which folder it should be placed. I changed to the 737-800 then selected South African Airways from the Styles menu. But the change still didn't take place.Very strange..........But thanks for trying to help anyway Thomas.As we say here in Spain "Bon fin de semana" or "Have a good weekend"Regards,Cliff

Guest thscholz

Cliff,you're doing it the wrong way.You can NOT select the livery in the styles menu. In the styles menu you can only select the style of the displays on the panel (like the PFD).If you have downloaded and installed a livery (the installer doesn't ask you because the guys from PMDG are very smart and know where to install it;-) ) then you should see the livery in the aircraft selection where you chose the aircraft you want to fly with.Buen fin de semana a ti tambien.SaludosThomas

Guest cliff

I'm impressed Thomas...so from now on it's "tu" rather than "ti"....okay?In the Aircraft selection window there are three boxesAIRCRAFT MANUFACTURERAIRCRAFT MODELVARIATIONAfter selecting the 737-800 the only menu items in the VARIATION drop down menu are: PMDG and PMDG with Winglets. But a choice of livery is not included.Or am I still looking in the wrong place?Regards,Cliff

Guest thscholz

>Strange. >>I downloaded that file but I have no idea where it went it as>I wasn't asked into which folder it should be placed. >Oh!I think I got your point now. You downloaded the file 'PMDG737-800-Winglets South African.exe' from the PMDG site, but you don't know where that file is, right?Well, if so, then you have some wrong setting in your browser. It should ask you, where to put that file.Anyway, search your hard disk for that file and then execute it.SaludosThomas

Guest cliff

I got it!It hadn't downloaded but thanks to you and John we've solved this little problemThank you so much for your assistance, both of you.Regards,Cliff

Guest FL050

I downloaded a livery then run the .exe, but it says it cannot open the folder to install the livery.Any help?