Sign in to follow this  
Gavaroche

Frustrated as I'll ever get.

It is pretty simple really, my computer locks up about an hour into any flight with only the pmdg 737, any model. I can fly for hours in anything else with no problems, but why would I want to? Every time I'll be at cruising alt or almost there and wham, lock up. I've tried everything I know of, Burn in test for hardware, drivers, uninstall PMDG, reinstall, uninstall again, reinstall again. Its odd and I'm sure no one will no whats wrong as there are no real obvious signs of why it is failing, any ideas would be helpful. My computer never locks up, it just started this after I reinstalled FS9.1 and put the new patch on it. It doesn't lock up with any other application either, no matter how long I run them. Weird.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Gavaroche,(Please, as per the forum rules, sign you name to your posts so we all know who we're talking to!)Check the FAQ portion on the PMDG website. I seem to remember there were specific steps required, and in specific order, for install of FS9.1 patch and the PMDG aircraft.If it doesn't work, post back here. I'll continue to do some research./R,Ted Barkley

Thanks for the help, I have tried everything on the faq page. It is so odd. I might have to wait until PMDG released the 747 or PIC 767 comes out, cause I can't fly anything less, its just not fun. I will miss FS2crew though, that thing is awesome too. Any other ideas would be great. This only happens with PMDG 737 and nothing else. No other game or sim. ThanksBrian Garner

no error messages, the program doesn't crash the computer does. Which made me think it was a hardware/OS conflict or something. I ran a Burn in test, updated my video and sound card drivers, but nothing seems to work. I don't have a clue, it only happens with the PMDG plane though and FS9.1. what happens is when I'm cruising the screen locks up, but I the sound seems to be in a loop or something, a really annoying less then a second loop. I can not open task manager or anything. I have to hit reset. I play a lot of different games and run a variety of apps but nothing else does this, not even using other planes in FS, it is so odd. I've tried deleting the different cfg files. I'm really confused. Thanks for the help.Brian

Guest Callmecapt

BrianWhat OS are you using?Are you using the no-cd crack for fs9.1?Any other system specs would be helpful.It sounds like it's a driver/windows problem. Perhaps the graphics and displays of the 737 conflicting with something on windows. If you are using anything other than windows xp, UPGRADE.Provide as many details on your system as possible.RegardsGoran

Guest pagotan

Brian,I read in one of your post that you were talking about FS2crew, it comes to mind that you may run simulteaneously one or more programs which may conflict. For example there is a combination which is a sure crash : FS9 + PMDG + AS2004 + IVap + Flight tracker + Flight keeper. I have not yet identified the culprit but every time all those apps are running together there is a crash. So it may be a good idea to list all programs you are running in the FS environment then we can try to help. Are you running FSAutoStart? if yes what processes did you stop? can you post a snapshot of your windows taskbar manager (process and program page) when running PMDG.Any info on what is running in the background would be helpful.Michael

Guest jpsulliv

I had my NG lock up on me several times after upgrading my ATI video drivers to (I think) 4.11. I went back to 4.10 and all was well. I have not had any trouble with 4.12 and later, including the new 5.1 release.I don't normally have video driver troubles, and nothing else locked up on the problem driver release.Just a thought. You might be one of those NVIDIA guys. ;) I do use an NVIDIA adapter at work, and I had similar problems on their previous driver release as well, but version 66.93.- Justin