Sign in to follow this  

Uninstalling FS2k2 query: Remaining files?

Hi! I am thinking about doing a fresh install of FS2k2 and since I have an abundance of addons (sceneries, textures, meshes, aircrafts and so forth), when I uninstall it will the files not originally part of FS 2002 be deleted or remain? I remember doing this sometime ago and I forgot what happened. Thanks!Julian

Julian - They will all still be there after the uninstall. The only exception is a file installed by an addon which has the same file name as an original FS2002 default file. Since the uninstaller deletes all the original files it will delete this one also, but it's a rare problem.Trip

And Julian, you might want to keep the file scenery.cfg, so that you won't have to re-install all addon sceneries in FS2002 Library. Cheers.

Thank you Trip and Naji. Oh yes, I have 4 scenery configs that I need to back up. Thank you for the reminder. I don't want to go through that again after downloading all the sceneries from Heather's library. BTW, is there a scenery cfg manager in which I can just swap out scenery cfg files on the fly instead of doing it manually? Julian