Sign in to follow this  
Guest Diego Martinez

Databases

Guest Diego Martinez

HII am a new user of the 737NG and while reading all forum and manuales I am still confused about the databasesI have downloades the lates AIRAC cycle from NAVDATA and the FMC shows the correct date. I executed the file and placed it in the FS9 directoryAlso downloaded the latest SID/Star from the PMDG page and install it in the PMDG / SIDSTARS directory.Now what I do not understand is:1 - What is the FMCWP/NAVDATA directory and what files or downloads you put there2- What is the PMDG/SIDSTARS directory and what downloads you put there.3 - What are the AIO downloads and where do you placed themMany thks for the help and sorry about this questions that seems to have so many FAQs in the forumDiego

>HI>>I am a new user of the 737NG and while reading all forum and>manuales I am still confused about the databases>>I have downloades the lates AIRAC cycle from NAVDATA and the>FMC shows the correct date. I executed the file and placed it>in the FS9 directory>>Also downloaded the latest SID/Star from the PMDG page and>install it in the PMDG / SIDSTARS directory.>>Now what I do not understand is:>>1 - What is the FMCWP/NAVDATA directory and what files or>downloads you put there It should look like this C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWPNAVDATAhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104729.jpgthere should be 6 files, 5 text and one DAT.>>2- What is the PMDG/SIDSTARS directory and what downloads you>put there. It should look like this C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS and it contains all the PROCEDURES i.e. SIDS & STARS>[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Diego Martinez

Randy, thksOn the FMCWP/Navdata I have:Approached DirectorySid DirectoryStar DirectoryNav Data Back up DirectoryA collection of text documents that refers to airportsThe attachements shows you what I have.It is similar but not like yours. Where do this files come from? The AIRARC cycle?Many thksDiego

Guest stang

Hi DiegoPlease read the "Updating Terminal Procedures explained.txt" file that is included with the terminal procedures (SIDs/STARs/IAPs) that you downloaded from the PMDG site. It explains about updating the databases.RegardsTerry

Guest Diego Martinez

Hi TerryI have read your article and followed all instructions and the FMC seems to work fine with a few SID/Stars missing (which you have explained). I think I have done everything correctMy questions are more based on understanding how they work and why two sources of info (AIRARC and SID/STAR) in conjunction rather than how to install. I want to understand what does the AIRARC cycle (downloaded from Navdata.net) provides and if those files make up the FMCWP/Navdata DIR and what do they contain and what piece of information they give to FMC.The SIDSTAR AIO files (plus any other individual SIDSTAR file from NAVDATA) downloaded from PMDG page goes into the PMDG/SIDSTAE DIR and if I am not wrong give the info they are called after.Just to understand a little better.ThksDiego

Diego,The FMCWP/NAVDATA folder contains all the info on navigational aids the FMC needs to perform it's task. I.e. waypoints (NDBs, VORs, intersections, etc), airways, airports, runways, etc. The SID/STAR folder only contains terminal procedures. Procedures are made up by navigational aids. Some of these navaids can't be found in the NAVDATA database. These are created in each procedure file as FIXES.Hope it helps,