Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

is there a way to fly a sid or star and not have atc tell you to turn???

The best I can think of when it comes to using the MSFS ATC is to include the SID waypoints to the flightplan and see what happens. As for the STAR I think you

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest jettjokk

There is a new "scenery" file from Mike Hambly called "ksea_approaches.zip" I downloaded from Avsim about a week ago.Mike Hambly has created "bgl" files to be added that add in STAR's for KSEA. On an IFR flight plan, the vectoring usually starts about 60 nm from the destination. At this point ATC will give you a runway with the approach to it being controlled by vectors from ATC. Here you can open ATC menu and request a different approach. There are some details here contained in his readme file but to make a long story short, I was able to pick an approach and transition from the ATC menu and use LNAV to fly it until ILS intercept. You must control your altitude (from the STAR charts) and you must call the tower at the appropriate time. ATC will clear you to fly the approach with the transition. But finally it is pretty close to flying the STAR AND using ATC/IFR MSFS flight plan.Let's hope it is a trend, this creating STAR .bgl files. Mike's are the first I've seen, but theoretically all STAR's could become available within MSFS ATC this way...Of course it will still be some time before I can also use VNAV (up to glideslope capture)for this type of approach.Congrats to Mr. Hambly!Dan Stalter

There is airports world wide that have stars in msfs and atc directs you you all the way, however there is only a few and there is no easy way to know which airports. IS there?