Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

WSSS SID/STAR Not in AIRAC cycle on FMC

Hi,I had to re-install FS2004 and went to go on my 737NG and downloaded again the AIRAC 0501 and SID/STAR again. Put in Dept WSSS Dest VHHH then went to press DEP/ARR button to get my runway and SID Dept first had this error message saying WSSS r/w 02R not known I think and there wasn't any runways or SID etc in the relevant spaces checked ARR for VHHH and everything was fine. Would anybody have any ideasMTIAJason ThompsonJason Thompson

Jason Thompson

Guest stang

Hi Jason>my runway and SID Dept first had this error message saying>WSSS r/w 02R not known I think and there wasn't any runways or>SID etc in the relevant spaces checked ARR for VHHH andUsually this is caused by a runway numbering change in real life. This new runway numbering is used in the AIRAC cycle data. So, when you get a new AIRAC file from navdata.at and then use an old SID that still has the old runway numbering you get this error. It sounds to me that you probably got the WSSS file from navdata.at in the AIO file or even singly. Check the header to see who the author is and contact them so they can update it. BTW, if you get the terminal procedures from http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/index.html or the PMDG site read the "Updating Terminal Procedures explained.txt" file included. It explains how to properly update your terminal procedures. Also, at those sites you will only get current terminal procedures that use the newer runway numbers. RegardsTerry

Guest pagotan

Hi Jason, Hi Terry,Indeed this is a case of outdated procedure. The procedure available on NavData for WSSS was valid until May 2004 as stated at the beginning of the procedure.There have been some runway re-numbering at Changi since then ie.:20R20C02L02CSo if you want the procedure you have to function correctly then you can open it with a text editor and replace all occurences of 20L and 02R with 20C and it should work.If you want you can also use the WSSS procedure available on Terry's site or PMDG which is working trouble free although somewhat less complete (no STARS and very few APPs).Michael

Hi Guys,> There have been some runway re-numbering at> Changi since then that is, of course, correct. To be precise, the changed took place with cycle 0413 which became effective Dec 24 2004. In particular, runway 02R at WSSS changed to 02C and 20L, consequently, changed to 20C. The reason for the change is the military runway at 'Changi East' (ICAO Code = WSAC). Changi East is an airfield of Royal Singpore Airforce (RSAF) with a runway of approx. 9000' which is parallel to the WSSS runways and just next to WSSS. In fact, it looks like a parallel runway to WSSS.Until Dec 23 2004, the military runway was named 01/19 but this label changed to 02R/20L because it is basically the outer runway of the whole Changi complex and might have been a potential candidate for confusion when clear on 02R or 20L.> replace all occurences of 20L and 02R with 20C and it should work.Certainly, the typo is self-evident but just to be sure: all occurences of 02R should be changed to 02C (!) and all occurences of 20L should be changed to 20C.Markus

Best regards,

Markus Vitzethum ("ps1flyer")

Guest pagotan

Hi Markus,Thanks for correcting the typo I made in my previous message. Old age cripping on me....Michael

>Dear All,I would just like to thank you all for replying. The different website I was given has rectified the problem and is fine.Without the support and help of those of you who replied I would of been lost and that this forum is excellent as everyone is so helpfulJason Thompson

Jason Thompson