Sign in to follow this  
Guest rds_mcleod

"Your computer doesn't have enough memory..."

Guest rds_mcleod

This is a new one for me:There's 2048 on my PC to load FS9 and any other required load files. I have the FS9 disk4 in the CD drive; the load process goes fine (most times). After using EditAll, there should be plenty of available RAM. But, if the dreaded: "You don't have enough..." comes up, I'm forced to reboot. ;-(Anyone else seen this and found a fix?Ron - CYEG

There has been a bunch of us that have gotten this message..many with over a gig of RAM as well. I only get it occasionally when using the 737 and going into complex payware airports of Simflyers but not all the time.

Eric 

Guest rds_mcleod

>how's your swap file?Now that's an interesting question! I've recently changed to a Raid 0 system, and in a standard system I usually spread the swap over a few drives to take the weight off of the Main C drive. My swap file was running at 768M, (over 2 X 160G drives). I've just let XP have control and it's now set at 2048. Awesome increase and I'll see what that brings. ;-)Ron - CYEG

Guest rds_mcleod

Thanks a bunch for the Swap files heads up. That solves the problem, but it sure makes you wonder why MS wouldn't make an allowance for the RAM being accessible?No more "You don't have enough memory..." ;-)- Ron McLeod CYEG

Guest JoeMathews

Hi,I've had this before. In my case it was the shortcut I was using to load FS. If you right click the shortcut and choose properties you'll see a box labeled 'Start in'. In my case this was pointing to a drive with no free disk space. Worth a look... Joe.