Sign in to follow this  
A320driver

Still hear radio after complete shut down

After completely shutting down the aircraft, (including battery) I can still hear the radio. In other aircraft the radio shuts off when the battery is turned off. Checked the radio for switches but do not see anything. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?Thanks,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest Robiwankonobi

>After completely shutting down the aircraft, (including>battery) I can still hear the radio. In other aircraft the>radio shuts off when the battery is turned off. Checked the>radio for switches but do not see anything. Is this a bug or>am I doing something wrong?>>Thanks,>JoeHi Joe, the same happens also with Phoenix Airbus. I guess this must be an FS9 issue. I experience another radio problem. When I enter a cold and dark cockpit in PDMG the radio only comes on after starting up the engines. To my opinion radios should be available when the batteries are switched on. I hope somebody knows the answer to this unrealistic radio behaviour.Robert

I haven't experienced Joe's problem, but....Robert...>When I enter a cold and dark cockpit in PDMG the radio only comes on after starting up the engines.Which radios are you talking about?Have you tried external power or APU power? (I mean, actually selecting the external power on or APU generator on with the switches). >To my opinion radios should be available when the batteries are switched on. Just the battery... or Standby Power, too? For example, VHF Comm #1 is attached to the Standby (DC) Power system. VHF Comm #2 requires the main busses.To get the Standby Power system to operate, the Standby Power switch cover should either be closed (AUTO) or open and selected to BAT (not available in PMDG's 737NG, I recall).Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian.

Guest Robiwankonobi

Hi Ian, sorry for my late reply but I've been on a business trip the entire week. Thanks for the answer. The radio I referred to is the com radio. Everything works as you described, however when I complete a flight and leave the aircraft cold and dark at the gate and want to start it up again after some hours for another flight, the com radio remains dead and I can't get hold of ATIS. Only after starting the first engine the com radio starts working. I have experienced this with the Phoenix Airbus but haven't had a chance to check this with the PMDG 737. I'll give it a try over the weekend and let you know what the outcome is.RegardsRobert

Robert,What is your battery voltage when this happens?Cheers,