Sign in to follow this  
Guest belgiantechnicians

PMDG electrical failure

Guest belgiantechnicians

I use the B737-800 ( or even 6/7/or 900) and always start up fs2004 in a cold and dark configuration. Lately i got some serious problems with my electricals. When i put the battery switch on, i don't hear a click and nothing happens. Ckpt stays dark. Next i put the transfer swicht cap to close, and get my stby system armed, meaning that some overhead panel lights are on. A APU start doesn't work. All EFIS screens stay's dark.I don't see a solution.Can anyone help me?Thanks for your concern.Rgds,Deckx K.Belgium.

Mr DeckxSounds like a drained battery to me. Care to show us the overhead and particularly the electrical display (with the green digits) switched to BATT?Cheers,

Guest LiquidNitrogen

Deck,I also recently began experiencing this problem. I would start FS9 and load the default Cessna, switch the masters off turn the key off, and lean the mixture completely (as FS2Crew recommends). Then load up the PMDG 7/6/8/9 (all of them have the problem). After loading the plane I then opened the overhead and turned on the battery. Nothing happens. When choosing the battery volt selector. It shows 0 volts. There has been no battery drain prior to turning on the battery.1> After turning on the battery I tried to start the APU, I do get teh low oil warning and the start valve, but EGT never rises. I guess it wont start without the battery ;)2> When I first open the overhead panel the night lighting for just the overhead is on (even though the panel lights are off) and will not turn off.3> Ground power switch is non functional as well. It appears as though all power functions are dead.PMDG 6/7/8/9 All updates appliedFS2Crew all updates appliedFSUIPC 3.45 regisiteredI have uninstalled and reinstalled the PMDG software, FS2CREW, and redownloaded FSUIPC from the Dawson's website.Wish I could get a screenie, but as it just so happens Widnows decided to not like me anymore. So perhaps after a rebuild I wont have the problem. I am planning to install FS9 and PMDG with no other changes to see if it works then change to the FS9.1 and FSUIPC 3.45. Jason HonPS I noticed on the ActiveSky support forum they are having some problems where AS will not recognize FS9 is running with FSUIPC 3.45 on some systems. Was wondering if there may be a problem here.