Sign in to follow this  
Guest shannon16g

737ng 2 types of engine soundsets?

Guest shannon16g

OK I have all the 737pmdg planes 600-900 am I missing the option to install different engine types? I guess im interested because i have watched real 737 video's and the engines I heard seem to have more of a whine type sound to them upon takeoff. I thought I read somewhere that you had to options for engines but I can't find it. thanks Shannon

Shannon,Unfortunately there are no opstions for sound sets in the NG package. Do a search for engine sounds and you'll get a lot of helpful hints on how to change the sound files yourself.Hope it helps,

Guest Andrea

I agree, 737 engines full thrust is more loud in reality, but after very many researches, downloads and tests I can say that PMDG 737 engines sounds are perfect as they are (that is "very difficult to further improve"). Only some little changes can be done to improve realism.Changes made to the default sound set of PMDG 737NG:- Trims sound too loud: lowered and simplified- Spoilers detent sound during descent too loud: lowered- Engine takeoff alarm suond during taxi/parking too loud: lowered- Taxi rolling rumble: better modulated depending on taxi speed (sound.cfg)- Cabin wind sound: better modulated depending on speed (sound.cfg)- Flaps sound: replaced with a more realistic soundTo install simply copy the following objects in the corresponding folders.FOLDER: ...Flight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG737-700soundsound.cfgFOLDER: ...Flight Simulator 9SoundPMDG_spoiler.wavPMDG_737NG_tocws.wavFOLDER: ...Flight Simulator 9SoundPmdg737tngPMDG_flap_handlePMDG_Trim.wavPMDG_TrimDown.wavPMDG_TrimUp.wavIf you are interested, send me a private message with your e-mail address.Andreahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Andrea-word of advice:You cannot send any modified PMDG files to anyone, as that would violate the EULA (End User License Agreement). You can, however, give them instructions on how to do the modifications on their own, should they feel like it, but understand that any such changes would void the support obligation that PMDG otherwise holds. (We cannot be expected to support problems that might arise because of users tampering with our files ;-)).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest meyomyx

If you feel like parting with a few quid (err bucks/euros/ .... or a few billion lire) I think the Ariane NG Stereo soundsets are absolutely superb - and you get both engines too. they work very very well with PMDG.

"If you feel like parting with a few quid (err bucks/euros/ .... or a few billion lire) I think the Ariane NG Stereo soundsets are absolutely superb - and you get both engines too. they work very very well with PMDG.Things are more like they are now than they ever used to be ...."This is nice to know, but where do you get them?? Thanks, moss1

Guest meyomyx

Yes, I have used this soundset with PMDG for a long time now. As they say - turn it up loud.Works perfectly .... I think you can use them with anything if you want, but if you're purchasing fidelity, it seems a bit odd to apply the CFM sounds to your DH Otter.Only thing to watch for as I recall is that the downloads are fairly big so your 2400k modem may not be best suited.