Sign in to follow this  
Guest grahamn

Unwanted Virual cockpit screen

Guest grahamn

Hi, I have recently had a problem across all the PMDG 737 variants where the "2D cockpit only" aircraft are showing a Virtual cockpit option when views are cycled using the fs2004 "S" key!!!The virtual cockpit screen shows a full screen outside view - in the "2d only mode" I'm *sure* I was not getting to see this before, as by selecting 2D, I'm "saying", virtual cockpit is not wanted. I hope someone can advise what i should modify to resolve this matter which is ruining an otherwise great product, as I cannot find any answers on FAQs or newsgroups. Thanks in anticipation!Graham

Graham,I think you should modify your aircraft.cfg files. Don't know from the top of my head what you should modify in those files though. A removal and reinstall of the NG should also get everything straightened out. That's probably your safest option.Hope it helps,

Guest grahamn

Mats,This is strange. Have tried the removal + reload - and it is the same.Tried a clean install on separate machine (laptop) just to trial...and the very same thing. This laptop never habving run fs2004 ever!!Grateful for thoughts on where I go from here.Graham.

GrahamOops! I didn't read your first post quite well it seems. Vin is right. You will be able to toggle to the VC view in the 2D model but with the full screen as you describe. Has been so on my system since I got FS2004. So I'm sure this is the case on your system as well.Sorry for misleading you! I thought you saw parts of the actual VC model with 2D model choosen. And that you shouldn't be able to do. ;-)Cheers,

Guest grahamn

Hi,Thanks to you both, at least I know what i am seeing is correct :-)Rgds,Graham.