Sign in to follow this  
Calypso50

Avanti Panel Lights

There are times when the panel in the VC in the wonderful Avanti is, to me, too dark to use, such as when the sun is at the wrong angle and the panel naturally darkens, at dawn or dusk before it comes on automatically, etc.Is there any way to get the panel lights on in the VC?I thought I had tried everything I can think of but... ?Thanks,Bill

Hi Vin,OOPPS! I posted my..post... then left for work. Half way to work I realized my mistake.. However, I have the same question about your Beech 1900D which I also love and fly all the time..really :>) .....although so far only in 'engines hot' mode.. Is there a way to get some light on the VC panel when it is dusk, wrong sun angle etc? or have I just missed something.Thanks again,Bill

Guest plncrzymikey

easy answer here. activate the smoke system. hit the 'I' key. this is one of those things that makes this a/c so enjoyable.Mikey

Mikey,I tried this to get VC panel lights..doesn'y. Is it possible you sent this reply to the wrong post?Bill

Bill,The following is shot from the hip ;-)I may be wrong here but, I think this is a MSFS thing. I think that if you disable the sun glare option under the display menu option that dim cockpit lighting issue goes away. (I don't spend enough time in the cockpit of any of our planes (all of my time is spent painting ;-))) I don't know if there is a way to program the lights to override this glare option of FS(Since I'm not a programmer I've probably gotten several things wrong in the previous statements ;-)).Probably not much help, uh?

Hi Pete,That's really interesting. I just 10 seconds ago sent an e-mail to 'PMDG support about it.. ':-) The situation doesn't occur for me in the default aircraft(sorry- I still use a couple now and then), it does occur for me in the Avanti(oopps,!) but not in my Barry Blaisdell Twin Otter(that's all my add-ons)...interesting.But it also happens at dusk with no glare..humm..I'll give your suggestion a try..Many thanks,Bill

One mistake, of course it doesn't happen in my Twin Otter, There's no VC.. :>)just tried your suggestion.. turn off glare.. no consistant change but some I think..really depends exactly on the time, by the minute as FS changes.. I'll keep playing with it.Thanks againBill

Guest Knikolaes

I've actually solved this problem by always flying away from the sun. If yer for an airline, just tell the passengers yer taking the scenic route **smiles**J/KActually, thought, the "smoke system" trick actually works for me. Activates a flood light that lights up the panel entirely as opposed to the VC light switch which hardly helps at all.Fortunately I do almost all of my flying at night so dusk and dawn times never hit me much.Chris