Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

**** YOUR Recipe for using PMDG ****

Hi Simmer'sUsing PMDG 737NG in FS2004 can be a complex thing with all the possibilities there is with different add_on's. Just to mention some.... - Flightplanners (FSBuild, FSNav, FlightSimCommander etc)- ATC-programs (Radar Contact)- AI-traffic (Traffic Tools, Freeware etc)- Weather Programs (Active Sky, FSMeteo etc)With all these posibilities it's hard to be a beginner in this "buisiness". How do I get the best expirience combining all these add_on's? Will they work together? What's the best add_on's on the Sim-Market? Where to start?I would like to start a thread on this forum where more experienced flightsimmer's could tell all us newbie's about how they succeed in combining PMDG 737NG with different kind's of add_ons. It could be very fruitful to hear what's possible to do. Some of the issues could be...* Which add_on's do you use together with PMDG 737NG? * How do you prepare a good fligt with these extra program's?* Are there some combinations of add_on's who work better together than other combinations?* Do some flightplanners work better with many different other add_on's?* Do you have a kind of "recipe" on how you set up a typical flight combining flight-planning, AI-traffic, Weather program, ATC-program etc (it would be fine with numbered items like "1. first i do the planning in xxx prg... 2. Then I load FS2004 3. Then i do a third thing etc etc).I'm looking forward to lot's of fruitful contributions. No only for myself, but hopefully also for a lot of othe newbie's out there in the flightsim community.Best RegardsLars - DK

Hey,I can only give you few recommendations:- FS2Crew- ActiveSky- being part of British Airways Virtual (this includes good preparation for the flight using their tools + online charts)- flying online on VATSIM - possibly charts package (for example, Simplates)- using SB3- and of course, owning 800/900 upgrade!

Thanks Word Not Allowed,You are combining 737NG with ActiveSky and online VATSIM. I've heard about FS2Crew. Is it realy possible to combine all these add_on's?I'm not (yet) flying with VATSIM. So - does anybody know if the following combination is OK....- PMDG 737NG- ActiveSky- Radar Contact v3- FS2CrewBest RegardsLars

Guest cliff

Word Not Allowed do you by any chance know where we can download actual B.A. Flight Plans that include the relevant altitudes at each waypoint?CliffSpain

Guest Pete EHAM

Hi, Lars,This is what I use succesfully:- PMDG 737NG 600/700/800/900- ActiveSky (with every 15 min. update)- SB3 for online flying- FSNavigator for flightplanning (also includes a major database with sid/star procedures which you need flying VATSIM)And this is the way I use to set it up:1) start FS92) start ActiveSky3) when weather is updated you can start SB3 (don't forget to turn off the weather feature of SB)I don't think it's possible to use FS2Crew also, because FS2Crew wants you to push back at a certain point without notifying ATC.... When you are flying online with VATSIM, you have to ask for permission for pushback and start up.Hope this helps you.Pete EHAM

Thanks Pete,Without much experience in combining different add_on's I would also be a little sceptical about combining too many programs. I've heard that combining Radar Contact and FS2Crew can give problems regarding the two prg's "talking" on the same time.Maybe I should contact the VATSIM website in order to read what they demand of skills for flying online.BRLars