Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Engine Failure in Flight

Well, there I was, climbing through FL270 on my way up to FL330 on the way from KIAH to KMSY when, out of the blue, both engines of my CO 737-824 failed! :-eek I hadn't touched a thing at all. So, following proper proceedures, I pointed the nose downward and attempted to restart both engines. Man, why won't those passengers quit screaming? :-mad I can't think. I tried most everything and finally, at about 10,000 ft while looking for a flat area in south central Louisania, I got the APU started. Following that I proceeded to get both engines running and pulled out of my forced decent at 8,000 ft. Radar Contact's ATC was busting me about my altitude and all I was doing is trying not to crash!!! After a quick climb to 21,000 ft a normal decent and arrival onto runway 19 at MSY followed. WOW, that much realism I can hardly stand! *:-* Strangely, we were only 2 minutes late at the gate at MSY. Somehow, I don't think the passengers appreciated that fact, however. :-hang :-outta Me, :-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug

Guest mruane

Well Steve, if you just pretend that the passengers are really just verbal frieght, it takes some of the stress away. I would be interested to know what caused the motors to conk out? Well done on the recovery though! Top job.