Sign in to follow this  
Guest D-EVIL

737 Sound

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Sir:First of all, sign your name at the end of each post, as per the rules anchored at the top of the page. Regarding your demand, let it be noted that sitting next to the engine or close to the wing as is the case on these videos is NOT the same as sitting up front, many pilots report you barely hear the engines on most planes, and if you do, I doubt it'll sound the same. So for the sake of realism, the PMDG soundset CANNOT sound the same as the videos you linked to.:)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest JDiaz

I agree with DanielNo offense to the poster but I'm really tired of people posting and complaining about something. It seems much easier to complain about something that people put a lot of effort into rather then compliment them.Is the soundset perfect? No. Nothing in a SIMULATION is, at least not yet. Sitting in 16A is a very different experience from sitting in 3F or 27B or for the sake of this product in the cockpit. The sounds are VERY different and in the cockpit the engine is no where near as loud or intense. If anything you hear the cockpit fans and equipment MUCH louder then the engines especially in the NGs.Is there room for improvment? Of course there is. With anything in life there's always room for improvement. But it's #### good for being a sim product.If you want a better sound set, no offense, but make your own lol-Jason Diaz

Guest D-EVIL

Hey,I understand that point,but I really miss the roar of the engines, which is not included in the package. Watch the HLX 737NG Cockpit DVD, than you know what I mean.Just a question, because for me the engine sound is the most important thing.Bj

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Keep in mind that recording equipment ain't perfect, it can happen that the equipment doesn't catch peculiarities of the sound that your ear does. Also, keep in mind (and people can debate this to death, but it's common sense) that every engine has a different life, so I'm sure there must be some variation in sound even within the same engine type.But hey, if all else fails, there's other NG soundsets out there... Try 'em, maybe you'll like them. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest dt1951

Pet peeve of mine concerning sounds. I have no idea why sim pilots insist on having the engines in the cockpit with them. I rather like them postioned where they are normally found: outboard, under the wings, behind the cockpit. The normal noises forward are those of air moving over the fuselage. Some vibrational noises make it up front, like the movement of the flaps/slats, the landing gear, and engine transition sounds. If you want to hear the engines, fly in spot plane mode.Dan Ward

So like many things I say, this is gonna sound weird (as if you can even hear me). I had my sounds in fs2004 set to maximium and it sounded OK. I then in a quest for better frame rates set the sounds to medium, and all of a sudden sounds started coming to life! first,I never flown in a 737 cockpit. I think the sounds are wonderful, as I start the engines, I can hear the the panel clicks on right or left. I hear the difference from right to left in the engines. I love as I begin my descent I can hear an osilating pitch, that just draws me into the simulation. I have to save that the one thing I don't like about the PMDG 737 series is, that no matter how many times I push the call button, NO ONE brings me coffee. Thank goodness for FS2crew! John PQVA-868 eSky

Test Des Braban's 737NG soundset for PMDG. I cannot hear any diffrence between that one and the Just Plane Virgin Blue DVD :D Simply an amazing piece of work! CheersJohan "Whats VNAV?!?!" Adolfsson