Sign in to follow this  
Guest rubberball

Please please help..

Guest rubberball

Can i just ask a quick question...is there anybody in these forums who as the CH Throttle Quadrant and as successfully programmed any....yes any auto pilot functions that actually operate in the PMDG 737NG?I have even asked PMDG who said they have changed alot of there buttons in the auto pilot and that it may be possible if i use FSUIPC..? Has anyone done this also?I read bob churches excellent tutorial about how to setup my reverse thrust on my TQ and he helped me alot. But even he is not 100% sure(im not having a go at you Bob if you read this ..you are the top man as far as im concerned.)I have various autopilot controls programmed into the front 6 buttons (which i suppose everyone also uses them for this function too) which all operate fine in the default aircrafts and other crafts too but when i load up the PMDG 737 only the flaps and gear appear to operate correctly..i can hear them move and see them move..i cannot however turn on the autopilot /auto throttle/speed/fd/app/vor loc/alt heading or to-ga?I find it hard to belive i am the only one in here who is trying to carry out this procedure to make my enjoyment of this aircraft even better if that was possible.Kind Regards Paul

Guest tmetzinger

do a search using my name and look for a post called "poor mans MCP" or something like that.Basically the way to make HID controllers (like your quadrant) activate PMDG-specific functions is to make sure that they are NOT assigned as anything but buttons in the CH manager or FS9.Then using a REGISTERED version of FSUIPC, you can use the buttons tab to have FSUIPC generate a keystroke when you press the button. This keystroke can be set to whatever you've defined in the PMDG menu for the particular function.So... let's say you want to have one of your buttons activate VNAV.First, assign a keystroke to MCP PRESS VNAV in the PMDG menu - use for example Ctrl+N.Then go to the buttons tab in FSUIPC, and press the button on your controller. It should then display whatever the id for the button is. You can then click on the "generate keystroke" (or key press or whatever it is - I'm not at my flight pc as I write this) and enter Ctrl-N for the key press. Voila! - when you press that button, FSUIPC will send CTRL-N to the Sim, and the PMDG VNAV button is pressed.Now - here's the sneaky part. In PMDG, use the SAME KEYSTROKES for the MCP FUNCTIONS as the default FS9 Aircraft use if they have similar functions (like heading hold). That way your button will work in default and PMDG aircraft. But remember the autopilots work differently in default and PMDG aircraft, and that there are functions in the PMDG that don't exist anywhere else.Hope this helps - and you've just given me an idea for an extra chapter in the book!

Paul, if I were you I would purchase a go flight RP48 module to mimick the MCP. It works a treat, and is programmed as Tim states above.There is also an idiots guide at goflight's website named NOTVAM2, which is everything you need to know about key-mapping.

Keith Sandford.