Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

B1900D or B1900C

Hi all,I'm thinking about purchasing one of the Beechcraft 1900s but I'm not sure which one. Are there any of you who have both? If so, what's the difference between the B1900D and the B1900C. They both look alike to me. Is one better than the other?Ken.

I bought both yesterday, so I don't have a lot of time with either one yet, but so far I have preferred the 1900C. The D uses some instruments from the King Air (I think) and they aren't very good and drive me nuts. The Artifical Horizon and the Heading Indicator are the two that are reused (if I remember correctly, I'm at work right now).The C runs just as well as the D, and the only drawback is the lack of liveries so far, but that will probably be remedied eventually.I would go with the 1900C because it doesn't reuse any instruments from the King Air.I might be wrong about that, however.-stefan

I have both and like them, but prefer the "C" model. If you only want one or the other, I would recommend the C.KP

Guest tmetzinger

>I have both and like them, but prefer the "C" model. If you>only want one or the other, I would recommend the C.>KPI also recommend the "C" - the "D" is fine but needs a better panel as the HSI is kind of blurry - it's from the default KingAir.Having said that, the shots I've seen of the D with the RealityXP gauges are something else.I'm going to experiment a bit and see if I can get the C panel into the D airplane.

If you manage to do that, by all means let me know how. That's the main thing that's keeping me from using the D in the near future.-stefan

I've got both the "C" and "D" series. Both are fun to fly.As you might expect from a later version, the "C" series is more elaborate with a better panel. The freight and cargo options provide more flexibility of operations whereas there are more passenger liveries available for the "D". If you have to make a choice, I recommend the "C".You can alias the "C" panel and sounds to the "D" version and I have already done that. The "D" flies well in this set-up but there are some issues such as flap geometry. Not a big problem but again not an ideal solution if you are a purest.

Guest pwoods

That's a tough question....which is better? For me, both are fantastic, and each is fun to fly. I must confess...I bought the D first, and only flew it a few times. Shortly after I purchased the D, I bought the NG and was consumed with that for months. I flew it everywhere, under all conditions. I had all but forgotten the little D in the hanger. Anyway, with their nice suprise of the 1900C a couple of months ago, I purchased it and have been flying that all the time -- I'm back doing short hauls and loving it. I've been been splitting my time between the C and D for the past few weeks now, and I cannot give you an answer. IMHO, they are both quality birds. I guess if I could only purchase one of them, I would go with the C, but always wonder what I was missing by not having the D. Given the value price, you can't go wrong by selecting either one. Paul W.

Guest MNorm757

I prefer the 1900D...but that is probably because I'm using the Reality XP gauges. I would highly recommend purchasing them. Also, there are a LOT more liveries available for the 'D'. The flight dynamics for the 'C' are great.Cheers,Mark