Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

FMC Route Planning Questions

Thanks for a great product; I really enjoy flying this bird!I planned some new routes after downloading and installing the latest AIRAC 0504 from the Navdata site. I also got all the SIDS/STARS from Terry's site. First, planning a flight from Nashville Tennessee to Baltimore Maryland the FMC would not recognize jet route J42 from BNA to Beckley BKW. I did a direct OK, but was wondering why the J42 would not work.Second, planning a flight from Liverpool to Amsterdam EHAM, the FMS returned an error, "EHAM err; KAG unknown" That was really strange! Maybe my database is corrupted or something. Anyone have any thoughts on what I might have done wrong with these plans?Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest tmetzinger

>Maybe my database is corrupted or something. Anyone have any>thoughts on what I might have done wrong with these plans?>It's likely that you found an error in the nav database, where BKW isn't defined as being part of J42. It's a good idea to check the NavData site as I know Richard works to correct these issues when he learns of them.The EHAM error sounds like it might be a problem with the SID/STAR file.

Guest glenb

I am still using AIRAC-0503 and I can program the FMC withKBNA direct BNA J42 BKW J213 AML

Guest glenb

I HAVE LOADED AIRAC-0504 and I can program the FMC withKBNA direct BNA J42 BKW J213 AMLTwo things to consider.1.The fix BNA is very close to the airport and I would not go direct to BNA from KBNA but to the first fix which is SWAPP on J42.2.There are several fixes in the database for BNA. Did you choose the first one? The one with frequency 114.10 VOR N 36.. deg W 86.. deg ?Hope this helps.

You guys are right! I should have programmed a fix on J42 BEFORE BKW. Using either BNA or SWAPP worked fine. I could not go direct from the airport KBNA to BNA since I needed a fix before BKW. Regarding the EHAM problem; I deleted some sections in the EHAM.txt file in the SIDSTARS subfolder containing KAG and I was able to use EHAM for my arrival. Not sure that was the thing to do, but it worked. Apparently there is some problem with the KAG fix. I will email Terry to let him know since he is the expert on this. You might want to try this yourself to see if you get the same error that I described earlier.Thanks for your help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.