Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

Keystrokes File

Could someone kindly remind me where the keystrokes file is for the PMDG 737 so that I can program my joystick?ThanksRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

OK, I haven't solved my problem so I need help afterall. I am trying to assign the CMD A autopilot function (as well as LVL CHG etc)to one of my joystick buttons. I use my joystick for lots of other cockpit commands including views, lights, flaps etc. But it doesn't work with any of the autopilot functions.I go into FS9 settings/assignments, see that A is the relevant keyboard command I want to assign to my joystick button 2, so click "change assignment" and press button 2 on the joystick and then ok.But in the cockpit, if I press "A", CMD A will turn on but not if I press button 2 on my joystick. The same problem exits with LVL CHG and V NAV and the other autopilot functions.Any advice would be gratefully received.ThanksRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Renzo,As far as I know the PMDG NG uses a lot of 'home made' key assignments. They can be found in the PMDG menu. I don't think you are able to assign joystick buttons there though.So what you have to do is to assign a key to your PMDG specific function using the PMDG menu and then via a registered version of FSUIPC assign that key combination to a joystick button using the emminent FSUIPC manual.Hope it helps,

Thanks for the advice. I will set about the task of registering FSUIPC. I was hoping to avoid spending more money but it is that type of hobby I guess.Thanks again.Renzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

As a final thought, the CMD A function does seem to switch on and off if you press "A" on the keyboard. Wouldn't that suggest that this function at least is assigned to the letter "A" and that I should easily be able to assign it to my joystick using FS9 assignment page?Not sure how FSUIPC would get around that problem. Perhaps I am missing something. I usually am.CheersRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller