Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cantuezel

TOGA Button/Screw?

Guest Cantuezel

Hi,here is one question I didn`t find answered in the FM:Can you say to me where I can found the knob to activate the TOGA for the Takeoff? I only found "...Press the Top left "screw" of the MCP this will activate the TOGA"But I cannot see such a knob/screw which activates the TOGA for TO at the MCP...Many thanks in advance...:)GreetingsSusan

SusanIf you move your mouse to the top left screw of the MCP, you will see it turns to a hand to be able to activate TO/GA. It isn't something that will stand out as a regular toggle or something like that - explore a little and you should find it!HTH

Guest Cantuezel

Hi Marc,>>If you move your mouse to the top left screw of the MCP, you>will see it turns to a hand to be able to activate TO/GA. >You mean left of the Course Window? Yes, I see the hand but when I click left or right when this hand is displayed *nothing(!)* happens at all...I adjusted the FMC right, set N1-limits, A/T armed etc...So do I have to set *something else* in order that the Autothrottle becomes active for TO-Power?Thanks again...:)Susan

Guest ahmedem

Hi Susan,Its this screw...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118066.jpgI think your FD (flight director) as well as A/T must also be on. On the Take Off page on your FMC, the status should read COMPLETE, if all that is correct then it should really work.Hope it helps,

Guest neeraj.pendse

Just to add a bit: the TO/GA button is on the center pedestal, near the throttle levers in a real 737-NG (and many other modern planes). When you are lining up on the runway and your heart is racing, it's a bit of a bother to access a button on some sub panel, so PMDG decided to put a "ghost button" ... you can not see it, but it is there :-)If you have V-SPEEDs programmed, TO Performance on the FMC set, A/T engaged and FD ON, there is no reason why it should not work. You do not have to have the AP on to do this.- NeerajPS: What do you mean by the "FM"? Flight Manual, right? :-)

Hi Susan,You can use the TO/GA even without using the FMC. Put you mouse where the red circle is and the mouse pointer will turn into a hand. After increasing the throttles to 40% N1 and everything is stabilized, click on the left mouse button and that will activate the TO/GA. Be sure the flight director is turned on and the auto-throttle is armed. If I remember correctly, you can also press the keys Ctrl + Shift + G to activate the auto-throttles. I usually click the screw most of the time. Ken.

Guest Cantuezel

Hi,thanks for your kind help, guys...it worked! :)Probably I forgot to activate the FD...GreetingsSusanPS: @Neeraj: Yes, I meant the manual (tutorial)