Sign in to follow this  
Guest Buck Bolduc

Who's better = Dumb question.

Guest Buck Bolduc

Every once in a while we ask dumb stuff.Is this addon as good as that addon?I'm refering to the high quality addon developers.I posted this on LDS's site so to be fair I'll post it here, this is MHO only.Jet777b wrote:I take my hat off to both developer teams. Both have pushed the envelope regarding what is possible under FS9.Of course FS9 has a larger envelope than say... the first version of Sub Logic.Computer simulation has come a Loooooong way.PMDG was IMHO the first team out of the gate with a quality aircraft for FS9, the 737NG. Like all quality addon teams they followed up with a patch. Remember, 500 beta testers cannot guarantee an addons perfection.Level-D systems, another quality team may have been later but like PMDG they came out with a top notch product for it's time. They also followed thru with a patch in short order. I'm sure their working on another to fix any loose ends missed in they first, just like PMDG did.I expect Level-D may introduce other value added components, perhaps engine varients, frieghter varients etc., who knows?PMDG's upcoming 747-400 will push the envelope again, this is a natural progression. BTW, these guy's learn from one another by watching each others acomplishments.Beta Testers: Have you noticed both teams share certain beta testers? Lee Heaterinton comes to mind, I'm sure their are others.Guy's like Lee add value as well as being first class testers. Lee's value is not lost wrt both teams.I enjoy the fruits of both teams labors! Wouldn't be without both.When PMDG releases the 747 I'll own it!God willing.What will FS10 bring to the table?Best

Guest neeraj.pendse

Huh !?!??!!

Not sure what you're asking. If it's a choice between the PMDG 737NG and LSD767, I'm going with the PMDG. The AP functions overall are much better IMO, among other things. Both great packages, but something about flying the PMDG is just smoother.Chris

- Chris Jefferies

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU

Guest dt1951

Not sure where you are going with your question. It's like comparing apples and oranges and asking which is better. They are totally different aircraft, with different aviation markets. One is short to medium haul and the other is long haul. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. Each product here has its own problems too. My simple answer to this is: both! I like them both, and each serves its niche in the market. The question back to you is: waht is it you are looking for?Dan

Guest aarskringspier

Thats what I got out of it as well. Both aiorcraft amaze me and the people who build them have talent beyond anything I can imagine.

Guest Buck Bolduc

John & Randy, exactly my thoughts.Best

Guest Boaz

LDS has done a great job... Remember that this is an update to the earlier mega hit add on!This product blew apart the bounderies of what to expect of flightsims...LDS is a new edition, and I have to say that system simulation and over all recreation is astounding! Even PMDG has stated this!Also remember that LDS came out some 3 years or so( can't remember) after PMDGs NG product, so there are areas where the LDS simply out does the NG, in terms of sound, enviroment, system simulation and so on.This does not mean the NG is inferior in any way, but the time diference can be felt, and it should as the LDS did not just want to make the PIC FS9 compatible. They succeeded, and PMDG has also said that competition is a good thing.PMDGs B744 will be EVEN more ground breaking, no doubt! But the LDS is still an excellent and amazing simulation of the 767!The ATR72 by Flight 1 is even more complex, perhaps as much as the PMDG B744 will be, don't know, but it is VERY complex...So no definitive answer, diferent aircraft, but the LDS is far from being a wannabe! And this is good news for us simmers, that add on aircraft are of more and more realism and quality!Boaz...

Guest aarskringspier

I definatley love my ATR and even the ERJ145, they just keep getting better.