Sign in to follow this  
Guest ori218

People on board

Guest ori218

Will your cabin (through active camera) include poeple on board?Passengers and co-pilot(s) would be nice. The reason that I wrote 2 co-pilots is because for long trips the 747-400 sometimes require 2.Another great feature would be cockpit/FA/FO/and ground control chatter like we hear in Fs2Crew (737NG)or FDC. Great job, Can't wait!!!

lets see 400+ people modelled as passengers, just imagine the polys on that, unless you have a great powerful computer.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest ori218

C'mon Clayton, I didn't mean high resulution and high FPS guys!They can use the same technology as in airports or in scenery that doesn't crack the FPS as in FDE and such.But yes, I do wish you wouldn't have to fly an empty plane that wights 400 tons of air...

No. That would turn the sim into a slide show. Low res is not an option either.

Guest ori218

Hello Pete,I think that people are not slide show, they are LIFE!The best thing that could happen is that a flight sim will be like sitting in a REAL COCKPIT and I promise you that one day the PC's will allow it.Maybe not tomorrow but it'll come.Force feedback yoke (now there are only joysticks), affodable systems.Too bad that there are dynamic sceneries and not dynamic aircrafts.

Guest WA

Hi Ori?What Pete meant was that putting people in the cabin would basically kill the frame rates..Cheers,Willem>I think that people are not slide show, they are LIFE!

Guest ori218

Hi Willem,Yes it is Ori.You can look at other add-ons like Heathrow airport and many more sceneries, a FA in the doors of some aircrafts...And PMDG own technology that is praised all over the forum?Ori.

OK. When we have PC's that can process the information fast enough to maintain high frame rates we will indeed populate our aircraft with 3D representation of passangers.

Guest thscholz

>OK. When we have PC's that can process the information fast>enough to maintain high frame rates we will indeed populate>our aircraft with 3D representation of passangers.Oh yes. And depending on the used livery the percentage of the different races will vary (if you are using the JAL livery the percentage of Asians will be higher).;-) CheersThomas

Guest ori218

ouch :)))

Guest ori218

Now serously, what about the FS2Crew/FDC bit of my question?Ori. :)

Guest AJ

I strongly susspect that we will see a version of FS2Crew for the the Queen within a few months of release. Afterall, PMDG's 737-800/900 was the subject of the original version of FS2Crew. Let PMDG put their time into doing what they do best, i.e. making amazing virtual airliners.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

:-lol People? Ask Wilco how their little venture of putting pilots on A320 PIC's cockpit went.Plus, as Pete said, the technology just isn't there. You could get away with 1-2 people on a small VC, but anything as big as a 747 cabin? I don't think so.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)