Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carel

Queen versus Ready for pushback

Guest teeloo

JR, as ever, nice posts!!!I fully understand your point of few!My cents were really only pointing out the "fun-meter" effect when flying the 742 and the 744 in a personal view using PC-sims.I have no doubt writing the software is a different ballgame then handling the software! ;-) As PMDG will proove I am convinced!I know one can be as busy on a 744 as on a 742 depending on the situation. I prefere flying the 744 on PC-sim because what you see on your screen is close to real and that is 'easier' done with screens on a screen then dails on a screen. If you catch my drift :-)Enough said on that though!I wouldn't bring FMC's into comparison though, I've flown with 742F on the jump, with build in FMC as an upgrade. No ND so good luck on comparing/evaluating steerpoint data, hdg's on an HSI and HSD! ;-)How much more busy can you get in a 200 with FMC :-)Thanks JR for the 200 to 400 conversion insight. Indeed the 744 has (about) the same hardware systems as the 200, one easely forgets with such nice cockpits!!I also think we get lazy checking inflightdata anyway with the current PC-sims out there....Engine data remaining the same with eachother (parallel effect)... fuel flow all the same on whichever tank or pump in use! Hydraulic press, qty etc all the same and never depleeting.It's time the PMDG744 will demand our monitoring eyes to have a safe flight, instead of an A/P-engage-and-forget cruise... ;-)Talking of such. I had a PMDG738 climb out on VNAV and after whatever happening, the speed decreased below FMC CLB value and the nose remained pitch high (A/P didn't command nose down to regain the spd). I had to switch to FL CH to bring it back to where it was supposed to be... Hopefully PMDG744's value's are all generated with a logic and not just for display. But I already am convinced it is, reading the posts out here (full engine performance simulation... WOW!!) !!!regardsTeeloo

just remember though, that even on a real 744, you will see a lot of engine symmetry, but yes I take your point :) The EEC's have a role in life to try and keep all 4 in balance. If one engine significantly steps away from another, signficant being only slight in terms of digits, then its time to put down that cheese sandwich and start going through failure checklists :) The Electronic Engine Control equipment on the real 744 is both a work of art and fascinating and to describe it to do justice I would be writing a novel here ;)The EEC not to be confused with the European Union, that EEC has no symmetry at all ;)JR

- Jane Whittaker

>Oke', fair enough.>Are you testflying the queen?>Cause you seem to be very well informed.>Anyway Randy,thank you for your patience.>Carel Well yes I am a beta tester for the 744. I have been a beta tester since day one of the 737 series and all other PMDG aircraft. Having the time of my life watching this awesome aircraft grow more each day. I must say honestly I LOVE THIS 744 more than ANY aircraft and trust me I own most of them for flight sim...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest teeloo

>>The EEC not to be confused with the European Union, that EEC has no symmetry at all <<:-lolLove your humor!! ;-)In the F-16 world we call it DEEC. Demented Eur..well, Digital Electronic Engine Control, really. (PW220)And indeed it is a marvel... even for a single engine!Looking forward to the outcome of PMDG744regardsTeeloo

Guest kame

Gentlmen,These are the different plane, one is for 3 men another is 2 men crew and glass cockpit; however, both of them is the great sim plane.I'm disappointed only with the Queen which hasn't main deck cabin (V/C view) and wing views from the cabine, RFP has had both of them.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara