Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

PMDG 744: PAX and Fuel Calculator

There is a flight planner available for simmers that meets most of your goals. Check out Flight Operations Center capabilities for detailed flight planning and dispatching. I use it for most of my flights and enjoy the comparison of calculated versus actual (time,fuel, etc)while en route. And I cannot do all the math in my head! :)http://www.danur.com/frontpage/index.htmI don't feel PMDG has any obligation to provide such tools.Bob... :)

Guest knack

Surely all you 737 jocks remember, love and use Ross's great fuel calculating utility...?? :-hahI, for one, wouldn't be surprised if he steps in with another neat calculator for the 744. But that's just my opinion.Cheers,Tony

Guest Robin.B

>First of all->>DEMANDING an answer won't get you far in this forum. It's>annoying.>>Secondly, there's going to be a Load Manager. I am working on>that myself, as we speak (so I am halting temporarily, to>answer your question). We're still debating a Fuel>Calculator.>>Hope this helps,Great to know Lefteris, however I think a fuel calculator would really be a good addition to the Queen since it gets more critical in Fuel Planning on longer journeys.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Hi Michael,I'm sure you're right. I, for one, will not be flying 14 hour hops. However, I know that a lot of people here do in fact fly long range transatlantic and transpacific flights. Further, I'd be willing to bet that they make up more than 1% of the fan base, but its kind of irrelevent, and here's why:The vast majority of people who buy PMDG products buy them because they offer an extraordinary level of detail and realism. They enjoy using checklists, running flows, and programming the "box". For what purpose? To simulate reality. For that reason, I would think that most users would also enjoy accurately planning their flights, a la the real world.And I know my previous post was long winded, but just because a flight isn't full, or isn't flying a maximum range sortie, doesn't mean its planned any differently. I plan CRJ flights from IAD-MDT exactly the same way I dispatch DC-10's from MIA-LUX. One is Max Range/Max Payload, and the other is 20 minute "bounce"...no difference to me.Again, the driving force behind my argument is that PMDG users strive for realism, and this is how its really done. Its not mandatory in the sim world, but its a really nice option to have.Cheers,Nick