Sign in to follow this  
Guest sushipilot

when nav/vor & ND disagree

Hi there,Ive found something really strange..In LIEE (Cagliari Elmas Apt) we have CAG VOR (113.4) and CAG NDB (371), more or less D 4nm from each other.. now, If I tune nav1 on 113.4 I have 2 strange behaviours:1) the radial shown on the ND relative to the MCP COURSE, starts from CAG NDB, and NOT from CAG VOR (!!!).. easy to check: go to LIEE, set nav1 at 113.4, and put a FIX on the FMC at CAG 113.4, you'll see that the ND tracks the MCP COURSE from CAG NDB (371), and NOT from the VOR...2) the POS funcion in the EFIS panel dosnt work.. No radial is shown on the ND from plane to CAG VOR....needless to say, all this makes impossible to follow a normal SID.. (I have to use an alternat. SID as for CAG unserviceable)is all this a ND bug? maybe it will happe somewhere else as well? may I correct the problem changing some cfg file?thnxsushipilot

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

or possibly a wrong positioned VOR in the scenery / AFCAD file? :D Luca

no, because the vor/loc intercepts and follows the REAL radial (the one starting from the VOR), not the one shown on the ND (which has a 2nm right offset, approx)....and if you put the 2 fixes CAG (vor & ndb) you can see the fmc & ND know very well where each one is..it appears to be just a display problem, the plane flies with the right data, not the ones displayed on the ND..is it a bug or what?