Sign in to follow this  
Guest ringway

help with AIRAC download

Guest ringway

can somebody please talk me thru (or point me in the direction of) the step by step installation procedure in layman's terms ? im faced with decisions i cant make, like which file do i download to,do i overwrite, what is this set up program, can i only install to FS9, which components do i select etc etc. am now very fed up spending hours trying to interpret insructions such as "install this", "download that" . i just want to get this beast to fly !neil c

Hi there Neil,Simply point your browser to: http://www.navdata.at/You will see a series of links at the top. Click on the one that says "AIRACs"Under "Available Cycles", select the latest one (currently 0506)Then, next to "Please select your addon product", choose "767 - PIC, PMDG 737NG"Toward the bottom, you should see a "Download" button. Click it.A zip file will be downloaded to the location of your choice.Navigate to that file, open the zip, and double click on the file "PIC-PMDG_0506.exe"The installer should prompt you the rest of the way. That's it... enjoy your flight!Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest ringway

thanks Vin. i have downloaded 0506 to a location of my choice (c/unzipped) and when i open the wizard i am faced with a number of options; unzip or install from 0506.zip, update 0506.zip, or create new zip file. which do i select?regards neil c

Hi Neil,Select the one that says Unzip or install from PIC-PMDG_0506.zip and click Next. If you get the winzip caution, click Yes. Now click on the Unzip Now button. The .exe file will open up. Just double click on that file and follow the instructions. It should install in the correct location. Ken.