Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

CHECK THIS OUT!

Guest SoarPics

Another Scotch... Pleeeease :-boom

SO!What is so unusual about that. I thought all airlines landed like that. :-lolThanks Lou.Brent

Hi lou,Yikes :-( he must have forgotten to kick her straight landing "crabbed" like that.I hope they checked out the undercarriage and tyres before the next flight.Peter

Guest Claudius

i wish i could hear the Boeing 747 crew comments (taxing and probably watching the DC10) about that moron !Can pilots be punished for landings like that ?

It looks like he got hit by a massive gust just before the threshold. You can see the rudder wildly kicking to the left moments before touchdown. It seems the pilot did a good job of getting it down. Maybe he should have aborted, but there wasn't much time to decide.Just noticed the windsock to the right of the runway. Watch how it gets yanked up after the plane touches down. Also notice how fast the tire smoke gets blown to the right.

EDIT --- Looking back at it, was there really a croswind gust?? the windsock is almost fully limp until the aircraft is way past it.... Wing tip vorticies could have caused it to fill. The smoke however does show a crosswind.ANOTHER EDIT --- Taking a relative measurement of the runway and the distance the smoke travelled in the time it travelled to the other referrence point... 37.5 ft/sec = 26 knot crosswind... Bleach ,, ALL purpose "ALL" and maybe phosphoric acid may be able to make the pilot/co-pilots shorts look representable, but I would bet they changed uniforms in the head before leaving the aircraft LOL :-lol RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest HeavyFan

MAN that was a Nasty and Scary LANDING!! Glad I was'nt on that plane when it landed! Looked like the gear really hit hard on that landing?? Wonder if the plane continued on after that landing!! WOW that was nut's to slam it down like that!! Wonder what the Singapore 747 was thinking whe he seen that MD-11 coming toward them for a short time! LOL! MIKE-:)