Sign in to follow this  
Guest Senior Captain

Help Please 2 ? I know someone can help.

Guest Senior Captain

Hi I love the Queen but im having difficulties with Direct to and being able to change my landing destination. Yes I have read the entire manual can do holds and everything else no problems. But during an emergency and having to go direct or returning to an airport for landing. Iam missing something any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes I can do it by hand but there has to be another way. Also does anyone else have this or is this normal my pack 3 always goes off right after startup and I have done what the manual says in abnormal procedures. No joy though. PMDG you have done an outstanding job with the queen I love it just need a little assistance and I know im doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Guest D17S

There was a problem with the ILS autotuning if you changed an arrival runway. I found that I had to make sure I didn't have a route disconnect on the legs page that had been generated by the arrival change. If this had occured, I found that the ILS would never autotune until I got all the dots re-connected. Then it autotuned right up. However, I also hear that some kind of problem that sounded like this was to be 'fixed' in the new patch. And here I though I had figured out some obscure system ops! Oh well . . but I still don't know for sure. It's hard to know how the system's supposed to work without having a real airplane to play with.On the pack front, I was playing around with buttons the other day and thought it would be fun to fire off the cargo fire bottles. Well, it was fun . . I guess . . but I noticed #3 pack shut down, that is until I disarmed the cargo bottles. Then it fired back up. Once again, it's hard to know how the system's supposed to work without having a real airplane to play with. I could be just chasing bugs.

Guest lou ross

I could definitely be wrong, but I thought I'd read about the "pack/cargo fire situation" in the PMDG manual.louross.

Andrew / Sam-We found that there were some problems with the flight plan management in the event that you changed the destination and/or arrival runway.These have been brought up to standard with the forthcoming update..... Try not to need an alternate until we get the update to you and it'll dramatically reduce your frustration. :-)On the pack3 off issue: The first thing that came to my mind was a cargo fire/cargo fire bottle arm switch being depressed. In order to reduce smoke circulation in the cabin, PACK3 will fall offline in the event that the cargo fire bottles are armed...Yes- we went into some detail, didn't we? You can play around with this airplane for months and find something new every day. :-)(We have some nasty surprises in there too- but i'm not going to tell you about them... you have to find them on your own....hehehehe)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Pilfer8

do those nasty supprises only come to be if you have failiurs turned on? The other day my #4 drive went out and I was supprised because I have all failiures off until I get used to the plane.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>do those nasty supprises only come to be if you have failiurs>turned on? The other day my #4 drive went out and I was>supprised because I have all failiures off until I get used to>the plane.Who said the failiures can't err...fail?You guy's wanted failiures, you got em! :)Sorry couldn't resist.

Guest Senior Captain

Thanks Robert. That helps alot. Will be patiently waiting for the patch. Great support. Also to the rest of you for the quick replies.