Sign in to follow this  
Nige

737NG - Lighting issue

Hi!I have the 737NG (and the 800-900 update), and have noticed the following:At night, when switching from VC back to the 2D panel, the panel lights are automatically switched on! I switch them off and return to the VC - when I switch back to 2D mode, the panel lights are on again.In the VC, on the overhead, switching the dome lights on has no effect on the 2D panel ligthing. Switching the panel lights on in the VC switches off the Dome light and vice-versa.In the 2D panel, the Dome Light is not operational.Is this a bug, a known limitation or am I doing something wrong please?Either way it makes it much harder to fly at night!Thanks

Me again!Could someone do me a favour and let me know if you get this problem? Then I can stop worrying about it if it's a limitation rather than a specific problem with my set-up!Thanks

Guest Pilfer8

I have not had this problem, but, I have noticed that when flying from day to night the light turns on automatically. Which bugs me. My guess is it's just the way it is.

I have no domelight in the 737NG. All I get is the backlit panel. The domelight switch on the overhead doesn't work. If you can tell me how to turn it on I would be happier.RegardsRick

Same here. Shift-L (which is domelight by default) turns on the panel backlighting in the 738/9, no domelight available.Don't mind that much, don't often use domelight anyway (I turn off the lights in my room and close the curtains for nightflights as well to create a dark environment so I can see out the window better).For completeness it would be nice to have it modelled but there are more important issues that haven't been resolved (like the incorrect working of the autospoilers in the 800/900).

Thanks for the replies!Looks like a bug then, or rather 2:1. VC panel light comes on automatically at night. Therefore, switching from VC to 2D switches the 2D panel light on.2. No Dome Light in 2D view.I won't hold my breath for a fix though. Now that PMDG are busy with the new baby!!

These are not bugs, but rather workarounds for some lighting limitations of FS.The domelight was always intended for the VC only, for use primarily during daylight hours when the panel is in "shadow". Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg