Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

747 - how well will it run on my system?

Guest iain williams

HiHow will the 747 perform on this system?WIN XP, 4.0 GHZ 2 gig SD-RAMAsus NVIDIA 6800 ultra V-cardThanks........Iain

Guest neeraj.pendse

it will rock, as long as you are not running 3 instances of FS with 3 PMDG 744 flights. If you do that, you will only get 30 fps.

Check my config. I get 40fps (locked), in both internal and external views. Unless taxiing on Heathrow or on approach. Can drop down to 20fps on approach.Overall result: will be better than most other addons.

Guest iain williams

Thanks mate - the 737 series goes well & if the 747 matches the 737 I'll be happy. Iain

Guest brettdonahue

Should be flawless, my system is only an AMD +2800 (2.1Ghz) with 1.5GB RAM, although I have a 10000RPM HD the 744 loads nicely. The 737's faster then the 744. Too bad for me my systems does tend to choke on approaches or in areas of coolness. Example I am using Ultimate Traffic, ActiveSky in rain with the Overland Japan airport addon with moving ground traffic, I seem to dip down into the 5-10Fps but that is not that often.Bretthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest thscholz

>Unless taxiing on Heathrow or on approach. Can>drop down to 20fps on approach.>Drop to 20fps???!!! I would be the happiest man if I got 20fps.:-lol Iain, I (still) have an Athlon 2600+ and I get good frame rates with the 747. You should get frame rates like Word Not Allowed.CheersThomas

Guest iain williams

Thanks folks - downloading the 747 tonight...Iain

Brett,The culprit for low framerates in your case is Ultimate Traffic(PAI models).Try to switch to AIA planes, no doubt you'd gain 5 more fps.I get 20 with the 744 at RJAA full traffic, default scenery, only AIA planes.And I get better frame rates with the 744 than the 737NGs.